Cheater every other game - goodbye OW

Well, you can count me in as well.

Been playing in plat/gold and was a lot of fun during the past couple of years.
But during the past months, every other game has a disgusting cheater with one of the many free/cheap offerings on youtube/google and I just cannot play anymore…

For example today, look at game code GRDJX2 at the player Arxeo. Not only that not a gold, but that ain’t a smurf either.

Blizzard of course promotes this behavior because they rely on reports rather than an anti cheat system, and obviously, since these cheats are pretty good, there is always doubt, thus the flooding of OW in cheaters.

Of course there will be some radical-anarchist that will tell me that " he has more hours he just good man " and they are exactly the type of immoral sheep people that the cheat-makers are relying on for their money… Without the " nah he just good " people, the cheat-makers would be bankrupt. The specifically social-engineer the aimbots to get the support of the gullible mob that won’t convict them.

So I hereby rank the cause of the cheating issue in OW today, in descending order of importance:

1. Blizzard need to change policy and stop relying on reports only.
  2. The Sheep that say " Nah just good aim " are morally inferior to an aimbotter, because they actively support this type of terrorism while claiming to be saints.
  3. The cheater himself, who is an inferior mentality and psychology relative to an average human being.

During the past few years, I did not encounter a single cheater in my low-skilled level games (gold and plat).
The past month broke the game for me, and I know that it broke it for others as well… The telegram groups and various forums have been ON FIRE for the past couple of months with this infestation.

Goodbye OW, I won’t be buying any of your games anymore.

9 Likes

They have a system to detect cheaters. It’s not perfect.

terrorism*

I got nothing. This is probably true.

1 Like

Here, just for kicks, fired up OW today, first game, cheater.
game code KSPEJ6

Put it on FluffyBoy(ana), the whole game shows a disgusting aim assist tool and heal bot, but especially 5:50 - 6:10 framed him in the fight vs pharah. See how the injection tool sends the crosshair to the target, and then immediately “lets go” showing is initial false aim ?
These tools work with varying levels of sensitivity, ie, you don’t hit all shots on purpose, to make it undetectable. But the cheater here took it a bit too far with his settings to a level where a baby can see his cheating.

The game is infested… And not even a blog post from blizzard reassuring this.

So far, 2 days, 4 games, 2 of them had a cheater and all proven and revealed here for all to see.

Keep it up blizzard

2 Likes

I can believe that maybe 1 in every 100 games you encounter a legit cheater/aimbot but if you honestly believe you are seeing them every single game then the issue is you. I promise you that you are not. Even when it was at its worst at the highest ranks you saw them 1 in every 5 games and this might come as a shocker, but if you are cheating at OW you are more likely to be at a higher rank.

4 Likes

Devils, I would accept your claim if I was new to the game.

I have been playing for 5 years and never opened a post like this or even complained once. It was always fun even though I suck at the game.

Something changed, from a quick browse I found a dozen free tools/free trials, and a thousand paid tools (10 bucks a month all the way to hundreds)

Youtube views on cheating tools also skyrocket.

Also, I gave you proof, get in the game codes and look. no need to believe me. But you gotta know how to analyze what you see, use slow motion and look at the movement very carefully. Everything looks “high skill” in regular speed, that’s how the cheats work. In slow mo you can see the artificial aim.

Also use logic, does that look Gold Ana to you ? If that’s the Anas you meet in gold then obviously you haven’t been playing much in the past few years.

Now the question is, cheater or smurf ? in both cases he needs to get banned, but analysis by video shows cheater. The smurfs with a level 25 account at Gold with 95 kills in a 10 minute game- I just report for Sabotage and shut up, but cheating is something else, I won’t be quiet about.

I don’t expect blizzard to ban a smurf because they are the biggest source of revenue $$$ to blizzard, without smurfs blizzard is going bankrupt.

But while you can beat a smurf with extra effort, you can’t beat an aimbotter (at least not in solo queue, maybe with your own team)

3 Likes

Hey dude.

I’ve noted your level when you made this post, at that time you were level 139.
At the time i’m writing this you’re level 142, it seems that you have not left the game?

Of course i could have taken this post the wrong way, but didn’t this post mean you were leaving?

Just going to add on that posting on a throwaway account isn’t really good either.
Wasn’t Overwatch also released in 2016? 5 years ago from now is 2015, so were you a beta tester or something?

1 Like

Why change… abolish the game
This is sucks.

1 Like

Just watched the replays, neither of them are cheating.

2 Likes

I’ve been pretty discouraged lately too. The last 3 times I’ve tried to play there was a definite aim botter in each game, proven by looking at the replay after. It’s really getting tiresome. If I’m playing well, I seem to get cheaters on the enemy team every other game. I know there’s a fairly vocal audience on here about how cheating is rare, but my own (proven, at least to myself) anecdotal evidence has shown otherwise. I believe (this is just an opinion) that cheaters are placed against players that are doing well (unintentionally through the matchmaking system, based on the literally unreal stats) to enforce a “fair” match. I’ve looked at replays where I was completely carried by the dps on my team, only to end up reporting them for obvious (but still fairly well hidden, I guess (if you’re not familiar with how they work)) wallhack/aimbot. I do consistently get “thanks for reporting” messages (maybe a 30-50% ratio compared to my reports?) which sounds good, people are getting banned. But, they still ruined all of those games, and it’s not like I’m on a reporting frenzy either, it’s fairly rare that I bother to watch a replay.
I understand that it’s possible for me to see cheating in my games, whereas other people may not. It doesn’t make them, or me, wrong. It could be a matchmaking design, it could be “luck”, or whatever.

1 Like

It’s not always cheaters but they are definitely common. It’s cheaters AND smurfs/deliberate deranks. The smurfing and deranking is pervasive and Blizzard doesn’t give to flying F about it. Right now on PC there are FIVE, FIVE groups titled something to the effect of “Diamond to bronze derank LETS GOOOO” “DeRanking so I can Smurf again Plat to Bronze”

The blizzard of today is a simple formula, does the effort get them direct cash flow? No? Piss off then we don’t care about the players that much.

3 Likes

First code:
Attack - He hits his shots consistently and is positioned really well. Half his head shots are on stationary/almost stationary targets. There was nothing extremely special he did except just hitting his shots consistently. He takes his time to hit shots, never panics and stays out of trouble for most of the attack. Seems like a high diamond/low masters smurf.
Defense - Nothing changed much. Everyone is just making his job very easy. He has to do barely anything. Other team makes one good push but that is shut because of massive tunneling on a widow who knows how to deal with pressure. Also displays some widow micro play that indicates high level of game knowledge. Would change my rank estimation a bit higher. I’d say a mid to high masters. Clean aiming style; very calm with his shots and never panics. No fishy micro flicks or anything either.

Second code
Defense - Positioning is weirdly far back but simple aim mechanics and well placed nades are enough until pharah puts pressure on her. His aim style is very frantic but he has clean flicks with no micro flick after the main flick or he just tracks fairly cleanly without any kind of locking. Nades are extremely consistent even from the massive ranges he throws them at. Sleeps on the pharah were well used and he waits until he gets the easiest window to sleep her. Second sleep was a bit weird with where he shot it but he might have seen you run out of fuel or just get lucky but either way seemed like a human flick. Would say a solid diamond that’s carried by their mechanics.
Attack - Amazing awareness is the biggest takeaway. Prepared for flankers and know how to deal with them. Would raise my estimation again because of the awareness. Still diamond but on the high side this time.

Both demonstrated game knowledge far superior to gold which in and of itself makes me believe they are smurfing. I’m just saying why would a diamond player play with hacks in a gold lobby. Honestly, I have no idea how you got cheats out of these, just clean aim. Saw maybe one or two particularly hard shots in those two replays but you’re gonna see a couple them when analysing players with good mechanics.

5 Likes

Isn’t this all sort of … unimportant given he’s provided replays to try and substantiate his more relevant claims?

Was it worth commenting on this? Curiosity… not judgement.

1 Like

Cheating in gaming now days is out of control in general. Technology advancement towards the
masses and the ongoing and growing narcissism prolly the biggest contributors. Personally do not think it will be solved until our real identities are tied to our accounts. Now it will never happen for 50-100 years and even than ofc some will risk identity theft and incriminating themselves just to cheat, but it would clean up a lot of the day to day if getting sued and your life ruined was 90% guaranteed.

2 Likes

People keep on saying they’re leaving, really no need to make that claim if you aren’t going to do it.

I mean it’s kind of obvious they’re just upset at the time of posting though… why bother bringing it up and poking them with it? What’s the gain?

1 Like

So they won’t make such comments anymore, the exact point of making it revolve around “i’m leaving” just flips the entire subject for me.
To them the issue is big enough to make them leave, whilst in reality it actually isn’t.

There is no actual gain, then again it will prevent him and if others see it from filling these forums with “i’m leaving” threads. This thread is of course more constructive, though don’t lie.

I’ve taken your words with consideration but I’ve formed a different opinion. I’ll leave it at that.

2 Likes

I’m leaving this thread and never coming back.

2 Likes

Today i had a roadhog-zarya new player ( lvl 29) carryng my team as crazy and he was not even dying, and i thought it was very very weird. I saw the replay and he had wallhacks. He wss tracking enemies behind walls and knew perfectly where enemies where even when they were hidden. I dont understand how the enemy team did not noticw this by themselves. Very crazy

1 Like