Cheapest Postpaid Cellphone Options

Consumer Cellular - $20 a month

Spectrum Mobile - $29 a month

Just a couple options which are probably only 5 or 10 dollars more than most of the prepaid plans.

4 Likes

See also this thread:

9 Likes

I don’t think anyone is really going to change services for Overwatch. Blizzard is going to walk back on this system in it’s current state or face a backlash the likes of which they’ve never seen when this affects everyone else who plays. The majority of people don’t use the forums or pay attention to the community and don’t know this is happening yet. They just log on and play. And when they log on to play and they can’t get on, they’re going to riot.

22 Likes

Nah, nothing is going to happen. They’re going to lose a very small number of users and gain way more. I guarantee you they’ve done their research. They know their demographic and how many people within that demographic can play their game.

13 Likes

I guess I never really realized how many people supposedly have prepaid services as opposed to postpaid.

I’m assuming there’s a big uproar about it because more people have prepaid then postpaid?

I’ve only ever had Sprint or Verizon or AT&T. I never saw the appeal of TracFone etc.

I think you’re overestimating Blizzard’s foresight. Cricket isn’t accepted… that’s a HUGE mobile company. Some other countries biggest providers are not accepted either. They will walk it back, or at the very least, find a way to add those carriers to the exceptions.

You mean they know their demographic and how many people are going to dump their wallets on useless virtual items, right?

3 Likes

Yeah… 1/3 of the US is prepaid. It’s cheaper and much easier. I’ve had my phone number and different prepaid providers for many years… plus, I’m not tethered to a contract. I can buy whatever unlocked phone I want and drop in my sim. It was one of the best moves I’ve made.

Should add, my provider worked fine, as do many others. But Cricket is a huge one, and they’re having issues.

Damn, a bit further research shows that in some countries, like india, 90%+ use prepaid plans.

Warzone already has the exact same SMS system. Keep dreaming doomer.

8 Likes

For someone with the name “WhyRUsoangry,” you sure always seem angry. Show me on the doll where the forum poster hurt you. :rofl::rofl::+1:

11 Likes

This is extremely misleading. Spectrum only offers $29/mo for people who also have spectrum internet, and their service is geographically restricted.

1 Like

Activision Blizzard didn’t walk back on it for Warzone, they won’t for Overwatch.

4 Likes

Please show some statistic for this. In the US, Cricket is miniscule. Like probably negligible. The additional new users they get from being F2P that are on the larger carriers like ATT, Verizon, and T-Mobile will dwarf Cricket’s entire userbase by orders of magnitude.

I’m sure some carriers will be added post-launch, but they’re absolutely not going to walk it back.

Yes, you mean like Diablo Immortal, their most profitable game ever?

As despicable as the game is, please do not pretend you understand their market demographics better than they do just because you personally dont buy into what they’re selling. There’s clearly a bunch of people who will. That’s just how these things go.

4 Likes

Different game, different roll out, different rules. They’re replacing a game people already paid for with this. Because they are replacing it, there are certain obligations they have, in order to not run afoul of consumer protection laws. It’s apples to oranges.

I never said any of that, don’t put words into my mouth. I already know how this works.

Your post seemed like sarcasm which implied that they do not know their demographic. You arguing otherwise would then have indicated you knew better.

Apologies if I misinterpretted, though.

2 Likes

It was sarcastic but not in the way you thought. It was cynically pointing out that Blizzard knows the people most likely to buy cosmetics are the ones who use post-paid cell phone plans.

3 Likes

Lol… You know who owns Cricket, right? :rofl::+1:

You know that someone on the AT&T network isn’t the same as someone on the Cricket network, right? Like when my phone says AT&T at the top for my service providers, it’s because I’m getting it through AT&T, not Cricket.

4 Likes

What exactly does that have to do with anything? Did I say that somewhere? Lol… what?

That said, Cricket customers are ATT customers. If I was a Cricket member, ATT would be at the top of the food chain if I was having a major issue with my service. Just like Verizon is now at the top of my current provider. If I was having a major issue that my provider couldn’t solve, I’d be contacting Verizon HQ.