📈 Bastion Poll Thread: How do you, the average non-Bastion player, want to buff Bastion?

because the only way to make him viable and not make everyone tilt to death is to make him do less damage while giving him a shield to survive more in a match

less spread to hit at further distances and give him back headshot damage to increase his skill ceiling, now good players are rewarded more than bad ones

there you go more balanced than now

1 Like

But the starter is nothing without the support.

Terran, Chibi, and several others that I can’t name bud flood my inbox with likes are also dedicated to fixing him.

2 Likes

Anybody that’s seen my Bastion threads already know what the rework is that I’ve suggested but here’s a new take on it:

Sentry:

• return headshots
  • reduce spread
  • return bloom
  • increase from recon into sentry swap speed to 1.5 seconds or maybe even 2 seconds. Basically it’s harder to set up but you don’t want to walk into a sentry Bastion once he is set up.

Sentry idea 2:

• reduce spread
  • return bloom
  • increase ironclad based on the direction of the incoming damage.
    The values would be 35% ironclad on the front, 30% on top and sides, 25% on back.
  • increase from recon into sentry swap time to 1.5 seconds or even 2 seconds (same reasoning)

He basically becomes more tanky all around but more based on the direction of damage. If they want us to spray lead, let’s do it without dying instantly.

possibly reducing incoming healing by 25%, the same as the ironclad on the back of him with directional ironclad. He becomes harder to pocket but better on his own

2 Likes

I would keep it and see how it goes. We have a PTR for testing.
If its too good you can start to tone Ironclad down.

:slight_smile: No problem!

1 Like

You’re giving absolutes. They can do whatever they want in the game, there are no “the only way” type changes.

1 Like

It’s been a long time for me, What is Bloom again?

1 Like

Your recoil starts out smaller but the longer you fire the bigger it gets until it reaches max spread. It doesn’t take long to reach max or for it to reset.

4 Likes

That’s actually very logical for a minigun.

I can’t believe I forgot about bloom lmao

3 Likes

Yeah so what? Same goes for Mei too. They’re the least picked heroes on the game because they’re situational, not because they’re bad. If you want even more changes to him just get more game sense about how this game works.

Bloom is the transition between pinpoint accuracy and spread.

Think of Soldier, when he fires his first 4/5 shots they are supper accurate, but the more he fires the larger his spread is. Thus he can burst to maintain accuracy.

Terran has a video showing it so he should link it cuz im not trust lvl 3 :C

in GM he is picked 0.12% of the time and it’s only in this “situation”

That means that “situation” happens only 0.12% of the time and probably less because Kolor plays Bastion up there too.

5 Likes

How can you prove it though? How can you prove that he isn’t bad? Or that she isn’t also bad?

I went to take your survey, but it’s literally got no option for “no buff required”. Did you mean to do that?

You can’t expect to open an honest conversation about this without allowing voices of dissent. An echo chamber type of survey is not the way to start a truly constructive conversation about this.

you’re suggesting to buff his tankiness and give him more damage

sure it just increase his overall survivability but it will not fix his main problem being he needs a shield to survive cc and poke damage

making bastion more annoying to deal with will not fix him, due to his insane damage you’re always a priority target thus making you more prone to be attacked first more than any other hero in the game

bastion is a type of hero that either gets killed or he kills everyone on the enemy team but nerfing his damage and giving him a shield makes him overall better because you no longer can die easily while enemy team can atleast have more option than “ATTACK BASTION AT ALL COST”

Nice,

By the way, would just like to let you know that as a Bastion main, I usually end up in 50/50 fights with soldiers.

Recon is in a very good position and I am sure it wouldn’t need changes. People can buff it if they want so it can help deal with HAMzos and all. Other than that, Recon is awesome

1 Like

Saying his pick rate is low won’t convince anyone of anything. If they don’t play Bastion why should they care if his pick rate is low. Talk about what he should be able to do what his niche is and what they should do to improve it.

Apparently I got a little bit of info wrong like the 4th shot of Soldier’s has barely any spread but it does have some and the 5th is bigger but still almost nothing but it’s a good demonstration at least.

1 Like

A completely situational hero that requires team co-operation = under powered?

Did we forget what games were like immediately after his last rework?