"Charity" by Blizzard

It’s easy for buyers “Yeah I’d pay $15 for that. click”

Or you could enter your own price?

Why you gotta ignore my reasons

1 Like

I don’t give a damn about charity, but I might get the skin since it’s cool

Agreed. Not to mention $15 is probably junk money for some coastal elites, but it’s a ton of money elsewhere. Fixed price makes no sense.

You either donating to charity or not. So long as they are sending all proceeds to charity does it matter? You can right it off on your taxes too if you are concerned. I’m cynic too but even I can turn that off for this. Assuming all proceeds are being donated.

I’m pretty sure the money is passing through Blizzard to BCRF, though. Half the T-shirt value ($15) is being sent to BCRF, so I’m confident the maho shoujo Mercy skin is the same deal.

In your opinion.
And Blizzard doing it because they care, And it’s great they do!

#HeroesNeverDie

2 Likes

It doesn’t take that long to implement an input field and process it, especially for blizzard who employs top notch developers and I speak from experience. Also, many websites make donation options like 5 10 15 euros and you can just select it. Also, unlike other publishers they don’t match the price, this is free publicity for them and nothing more.

They at least claim in the splash when opening Overwatch that 100% of skin proceeds go directly to the research foundation.

I’d imagine the physical merch is more expensive to produce and ship, so I’d say it’s reasonable that they recoup some costs. A digital item has no cost past development.

1 Like

Wait what?

10 characters

I wasn’t sure of the cut, since the T-shirt is otherwise the same price as others in the store. $15 directly to BCRF for a bonus skin is fine, wouldn’t you agree?

2 Likes

really? i haven’t bought it, but each donation is provided with a tax receipt?

i’m glad all the proceeds are being donated, that doesn’t change the fact that blizzard is literally making money on this by way of tax credit.

So don’t donate.

But calling breast cancer a “trivial” matter really rubs me the wrong way. I’m happy that you live a life privileged enough to where a serious disease that affects millions of people with breasts every year is a trivial matter to you, but for those of us who either suffer from it ourselves or know/have lost people who did-- it isn’t. And campaigns like this not only go toward helping those people, but to raise awareness for it.

I’m actually very happy they’re letting us “buy” a skin, instead of having it be locked behind a lootbox that we may or may not get in the 2 weeks the campaign runs for. I love this skin, I want it, and when I get some extra money later on this week-- I’m going to get it.

If you want to be needlessly cynical over something you don’t even have to partake in, you needn’t announce “I DONT LIKE THING”

let people enjoy things.

11 Likes

right so you donation goes to blizzard, blizzard cuts a check for x, sum of all donations. blizzard files this donation and receives y credit.

blizzard needs to match donations. otherwise they are literally profiting.

I’m sure they provide you with a receipt for tax purposes. If they do get a massive tax credit for this then good for them. Everyone wins.

takes your wallet

Ha! You made yourself vulnerable!

Just kidding. I’m totally buying it when I get home. with my own money, obviously

1 Like

It is a fortune if all you want is just the skin, but this is more than that, the money you spend for the skin goes to the charity, Blizzard isn’t keeping any of the money. The skin, if anything, is an incentive for people to help and participate that otherwise wouldn’t.

1 Like

Dude. There’s a website. Go to it. Donate.

Blizzard is raising awareness and donations, they aren’t researching breast cancer themselves. Christ.

Seriously. Stop this. This is just disgusting behaviour. This is to donate, and the reward for us donating ? we get a skin. Get real.

1 Like

#1: Bungie did this last year, you got an in-game heart emblem if you donated. No one, and I mean NO ONE complained. #2: All you “PC Master Race” jabronis with your expensive rigs complaing about $15? :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

6 Likes