"Charity" by Blizzard

There is absolutely no reason to set a fixed price on a charity skin. People who will want to donate - will, there are tons of people on twitch who do that. In the meanwhile, the ones who WOULD love to aid a good cause by donating a couple of bucks will not be “rewarded” with a skin? This is literally to get mercy mains spend a fortune on what seems to be a trivial matter.

EDIT:
Apparently I raised quite a bit of debate here apart from the insults, I realise that I have worded this wrong and for that I apologise, but my point is the same.
And MisterFox has greatly summarised this.

Not sure how to quote it directly.

22 Likes

The only “reward” you should be seeking by donating to charity is the feel good factor of helping a good cause.

I don’t find the price that much of an issue, maybe its bias due to having a family member affected by breast cancer.

82 Likes

Don’t be that person. All the proceeds from the skin are helping the charity, seriously??? Lower price means lower help to fight breast cancer, the price is perfectly fine.

47 Likes

It’s for a good cause, Jelly can do it, even though I’m broke.

It’s worth it, and the skin is nice😁

Let’s do this people

(Pulls out wallet)

46 Likes

Must people be such jerks when it comes to the support and health of humanity?

This is a charity, and the skin is just a bonus. And I will support it.

23 Likes

You don’t need to be rewarded for donating. You can donate $15 through Overwatch and get the skin or if you really would love to donate a few bucks to the cause but can’t afford the skin there is nothing stopping you from going to the BCRF website and donating directly.

21 Likes

You don’t pay for the skin, You donate for breast cancer.

The skin is a gift for being a participant in the event of raising charity.

But how dare someone cure cancer oh no no. /s

30 Likes

Lets do this :smiley: :+1:

:pound: :dollar:

10 Likes

you can go to the charity stream and donate bits if you really want to donate to BCRF but it wont get you the skin.
Charity is charity, its not meant to be rewarded anyway

4 Likes

yes we should, and so blizzard shouldnt be setting a price tag on that

2 Likes

$15 is a fortune? Maybe you should stop spending money on games.

4 Likes

It’s for a good cause.

Live with it.

8 Likes

Already done! More than happy to help fight cancer!

May no one in the future suffer from this disease!

10 Likes

Sounds like you are donating for the wrong reason.

But your unnecessary cynicism does raise a point you could have made better. Having a lower minimum but allowing people to pay more than that could potentially raise more money which is what this is about. You know do it humble bundle style.

4 Likes

Agreed Soveriegn, agreed😁

(Takes hat off)

3 Likes

The price tag is nothing compared to the price of losing your life, breasts or confidence as a result of suffering from breast cancer.

9 Likes
  1. It’s easier for them to implement.
  2. It’s convenient. Fixed price points are less of a headache to customers.
  3. It’s easy for buyers “Yeah I’d pay $15 for that. click

Three reasons. How can you be so meanspirited that you have to dismiss Blizzard’s charitable events?

5 Likes

No one’s asking you to donate for the skin. They’re asking you to donate for charity. It’s only an ‘intended coincident’ that you get the skin. So think of it as donating for charity, rather than just buying the skin.

Yes, maybe I did phrase it wrong, but the point is the same.

good point

is blizzard even matching donations? no.
so what is this?
this is activision/blizzard feigning activism in order to take our money, and donate it taking the tax write-off.

if blizzard actually cared, they’d match the donations. otherwise, they are literally making money off this.

4 Likes