Characters you would play but don't because of their aesthetic/personality

D.va has the most annoying voice in the game.

Reaper seems like he’s one of those kids that tries too hard to fit in with the other edgy goth kids.

Soldiers voice also bothers me, especially when he’s the announcer for events like mei’s snowball event and the archives stuff.

This kind of stuff doesn’t stop me from playing them though. I play heroes for their kit, not their personality.

1 Like

Orisa.
I love her abilities and I especially love her weapon. A chaingun that does a decent amount of damage AND a portable shield that has a fast cooldown? That’s awesome.

But Orisa… YEET.
I hate the way she looks, and the way she talks. The whole Centaur/Minotaur thing is so friggin weird for a playable character. If she was a boss battle, that would be epic, but to play as her? I feel like Lucio is gonna jump on my back and say:

"Aw, let’s break it DOWN!"

Me: “Please get off.” :expressionless:

Play Nice, Play Neutral

|DoritoDiet|

im sorry shes a butch sciencey evil lesbian my dude

she looks hot af normally this is irish barbie n like. whatever makes u happy. but that aint moira.

i think overall i think a lotta folks have 2 do some self searching when their critiques are “its a woman who has a personality that i dont like/find annoying” or “she isnt personally attractive to me.”

i dont play hanzo bc i jus find his players are the Worst, sorry as a og player its messy

the reason its a bit of a hot button issue is because of the idea that women are prettier with long hair. Especially women who reject femininity altogether and become “tomboys” as you said you hated.

It’s not a man haircut. Its just a haircut. She’s hot with her short hair and you are very, very small minded if you don’t know why this type of talk makes others mad. You well know why people get mad about it. Its misogyny and it aint cute to tell women how they have to look to look “pretty” or “nice.”

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to masked language as it is in violation of the Code of Conduct.

Aesthetics aren’t so important to me that I would rule out playing a hero I was otherwise good at. Having said that…

I keep Ana in the Captain Amari skin at all times, as I just find young Ana more pleasing to look at.

And I keep Moira in her Blackwatch outfit, now that I’ve unlocked it. I find excessively long fingernails really offputting, so the gloves with the metal talons are a fair compromise.

dsajdask immediately made me think of this terrible video :joy::joy:

I always imagined her haircut came from her obsessive scientific background. Long hair in a lab is such a nuisance. Spent a good chunk of my college years in a lab and hair is a pain.

For me D.Va makes me want to claw my ears off.

2 Likes

Orisa. I only play her when really necessary. I dont like her xD

Oh god this is an easy one… D.VA haha, hands down, D.VA

This is why I hesitate to make edits to pictures, because posts like yours :frowning: People just see my picture and make assumptions right off the bat. I do not promote or put forth “women are prettier with long hair” as some kinda ideal standard of beauty.

I simply am saying “This is my personal preference and here’s how hero x would look with this style”. Please dont blow up my words into something I didn’t say, I’d never tell a woman how she has to look in order to be pretty. I am just saying this imaginary game character would look a lot nicer to me if they looked like (inserts my picture edit) and you dont have to agree or disagree, I jus twanted to share since we dont have an artists creation corner on the forums

1 Like

Winston!
I know he could be quite impactfull very often. But Srsly look at his potrait…
Add his voicelines and i can’t take it serious anymore. :sweat_smile:
He also looks so sad but then sounds like the happiest monkey ever.

1 Like

I like bothes to play often in DM and TDM but
Soldier and Hanzo with german voicelines annoy me to Hell.

Soldier sounds like a melancholic dying old man with O2-Tank.
Hanzo sounds like whiny bloodthirsty psychopatch to me.

I wish I could switch them to original voiceline seperately.

Widow is a sleeper to play. I think she is my best hero, but the only time I ever feel the desire to play her is when the other team has a widow who is shutting my team down.

This has never been a factor in any way for me. It’s all about kit.

Genji makes me cringe and I don’t get how people take his character seriously. Hanzo is less cringy but even more cliché and bland. Doomfist talks like he’s chewing gum and it annoys me.

I don’t care about character appearance enough as to not use them, but i do tend to collect and use non-amputee skins. Also, i only use the T.Racer skin, because the helmet does a really good job at covering her stupid face.

1 Like