Character gun and arm disappearing from screen

I was sitting in spawn waiting for the countdown and then decided last second to swap to baptiste (from kiriko) almost as soon as the doors opened. Idk if that did anything but my character model disappeared from my screen (the arms and the gun). I also heard no sounds coming from my gun (shots and heals) except for hit markers. I could only hear my bap voicelines. Had to dc then reconnect to the game to see my character again.

2 Likes

Dude this thing happened to me too. I LOST A COMPETITIVE GAME CAUSE OF THIS. HOW TF DO YOU AIM WITHOUT YOUR VIEWMODEL LMAO. I wanna punch my screen so bad right now.

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I’ve compiled a list of posts regarding similar bugs under: Invisible Player Models. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

This just happened to me too right after switching characters. Also, when I died the screen was just black + the HUD instead of showing the replay.

1 Like

Anyone get a resolution. This started happening to me recently, and almost always in spawn. Thing is, I asked my daughter and she said sometimes her guns disappear in Valorant.

I’m thinking it’s the internet. I recently switched from fiber to cable (sweet bundle deal). However, the reason I left cable originally because of internet connections. Rogers just has a new modem which seemed to resolve general device connectivity issues.

Just happened to me in a comp game. Have never had this happen before, I usually play QP. Do we know if it’s just a comp bug or if it’s happened since a recent update? Makes it near impossible to time your shots accurately and also doesn’t show any shield, this was the same for rienhart and Winston.