Developer hypocrisy

Highly hypocritical.

Junkrat

FRAG LAUNCHER
  • Impact damage increased from 40 to 50
RIP-TIRE
  • Cost increased by 10%

Developer Comments: Junkrat is one of the best barrier and tank busters in the game, and this change will help solidify this role. This doesn’t change the Frag Launcher’s explosive damage, which remains at 80. The total damage for direct impact is now 130, up from 120. Since we increased Frag Launcher’s damage output, Junkrat builds his ultimate too quickly. We’re increasing the cost of his ultimate to balance this change with his increased damage-dealing capabilities.

McCree

FAN THE HAMMER
  • Damage reduced from 55 to 50
DEADEYE
  • Damage per second increased from 275 to 550 after locking onto targets for 1.5 seconds

Developer Comments: After reducing armor’s effectiveness for all heroes, Fan the Hammer doesn’t need to deal quite as much damage. Increasing Deadeye’s damage after being locked on for a bit makes it more effective when attacking high health, static targets (like barriers) and heroes with over 250 health. It will not impact how dangerous this is for heroes under 250 health.

PEACEKEEPER
  • Alternate fire damage increased from 45 to 55

Developer Comments McCree’s Fan the Hammer wasn’t as reliable against higher health heroes as it should be. Increasing its damage will make it more potent in close-range engagements where it is intended to be most effective.

Also, this post:

11 Likes

Nothing new from the devs

9 Likes

Here we go again… Forum logic & complaining.

It’s funny how you think that you know everything about how balancing should go in this game.

7 Likes

Balance changes that were made to make DPS more prevalent in Goats and later saying that wasn’t the reason isn’t hypocritical at all.

“Forum logic & complaining.”

1 Like

Ok but McCree and Junkrat did need buffs, GOATS or not, so why revert them?

2 Likes

They could’ve received different buffs that wouldn’t result in today’s damage power creep if they put more thought into it than just “3-3 is currently a problem so lets band aid fix it.”

1 Like

Can you pretty pls tell me why devs should listen to you then?

And yes. Complaining. Calling devs hypocrites too.
Just shows how ungrateful some people can really be.

2 Likes

are you not trust level 3 yet or why did you waste time typing out that response when you could’ve just posted a gif of someone sticking their fingers in their ears

5 Likes

If you dig deep enough, you’ll always find something contradicting in anyone’s history.

2 Likes

It seems as if within the dev team there are opposing opinions on how balance should be handled. An issue only made worse when multiple devs come on forums here or elsewhere and tell us two very different things at that time or things that go completely counter to the what the patch notes dictate or what is happening in the game. I’m not saying they don’t do their homework but clearly they didn’t all get the same assignment. Otherwise so many things wouldn’t seem so contradictory.

Who cares about all this nonsense, Sound issues are still going on…

That is true, not everyone’s perfect.

However, when it comes to Blizzard, you don’t have to dig deep, not even dig.

Who’s saying those changes were made because of GOATS? Junkrat and McCree were near zero pick. They just needed buffs.

1 Like

The developer comments.

1 Like

Definitely know more than any of the devs currently working on the game. Belee dat.

"Not all changes were directly targeted at affecting the GOATS meta. (List heros) Doesn’t he mean that these hero changes were not directly meant to counter Goats?

or am i not getting it.

1 Like

But you also quoted “not all changes over the last year were directly targeted at affecting the 3-3 GOATS meta”. Key word “NOT ALL CHANGES” yet you pick and choose a few changes that were made and seem to think all changes were directly targeted at affecting GOATS.

3 Likes

Correct, indeed.

They said “not all” and I definitely didn’t pick all of them, either. I however picked the ones mentioned mainly for the developer comments, which contradict with that very statement.

Not to mention the “directly targeted” part. The notes originally may have said that they needed the buff to help with GOATS but its not like at the time they wanted to give away 222 by hinting at it to us before the announcement. They aren’t going to be telling us the whole story as to why they do or don’t do something.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who took the time to read the post I linked for context or perhaps answers to their questions. :slight_smile: