Change Symmetra's Sentries

Short Pitch: She can now create 2-3 hardlight clones of herself. Those clones use the 2.0 beam on the nearest enemy. Her teleport allows her to swap places with any clone she wants

Ability Changes

Sym Clone: E

• Place them instantly like Mei Wall. The clones are stationary.
  • They use Sym’s old noodle beam on the nearest target. Different damage values, of course, but the same ‘ramp up’ feature

Teleport: Shift

• Symmetra’s teleport now swaps her with her targeted clone (or a random one). The clone appears where she was and she takes its spot
  • Symmetra’s primary beam gains whatever charge the clone had (meaning if it tethers an enemy for a bit she can swap and enter the fight with a stronger beam)
  • (I feel like the placement summon instead of sentry projectiles alone would be huge!)

Bonus: Ultimate

• When she uses her wall, all her clones become fully charged

My other idea would be so much easier to put in with less rework :wink: but when I think of a radical Sym rework, I can’t help but imagine our “summoner hero” creating perfect clones out of thin air. Just wanted to share this idea!

2 Likes

cool idea. i like it.

1 Like

This sounds pretty dang cool but imo it’s such a big theme that it kinda deserves its own hero. (Sanjay maybe?)

1 Like

True! It definitely could be on a new hero too (but I do like how the clones/sentries could feed Symmetra charge in this version)

Some years back, due to all the “Iris/Sombra’s conspiracy” talk I wanted a ‘cultist omnic’ to oppose Zen that would do this clone mechanic. They’d look like some warlock looming on the edge of the battlefield, giving and taking overhealth from allies. Everything is going in a Null Sector direction though haha

Sanjay could be a really cool direction! If he enters the game, I wonder what role he’d match :thinking:

Just turn her into Ying from Paladins, but with a teleport.

Ying does work in Paladins.

1 Like