Change in sr gain/loss

So I’ve noticed that I’ve been losing a ton of sr every match I lose and I’ve only gained a little bit when I won. The last match I lost cost me 26sr and I didn’t play bad or anything, it was a normal loss. Then afterwards I won a match and I didn’t play exceptionally bad either but I only gained 16sr. So my question is did they change the amount of sr you gain or lose? Thanks for answering

Its not a matter of direct change in Competitive’s Skill Rating adjustments, but how the community grows and develops season after season. Remember that your skill rating adjustment is primly based on a variety of factors including:

• Strength of Schedule - This means how strong you are in compared to the average skill rating of the opposing team
  • How high you are to the top of the SR rating spectrum. The higher the skill rating you have, the more likely you will gain less SR for a win and lose more SR for a loss. Right now at the time of my post, your profile shows to be at 2511 SR Platinum. So this is not a huge factor for you.
  • Frequency of playtime - If you are not playing Overwatch frequently, the game is not going to be nearly as certain to your actual skill, so variances in skill rating could occur.
  • Performance-Based Adjustments - For all players Bronze through Platinum rank, there is a SMALL factor, where your personal statistics in each match are compared to the players around your skill rating that used the same heroes in their matches. If you are gaining less SR, that means it is very likely that your statistics are underperforming to that of your peers. To remedy this, take a lot of time to check and develop your average career stats. Remember to watch the post-game sequence to see how you performed. The more this is worked on, not only will the performance-based adjustments improve, but you will very likely win more games (regardless of rank).

There is alot of details behind these factors, thankfully there is another power user here on the forums who has an amazing guide that breaks down all of this. I strongly recommend that you take the time to check it out:

Okay, thank you very much for your quick response. Best regards

1 Like