CE-34878-0 on PS4 - ITS BACK

Here’s a video https://youtu.be/0u-XeZe1Rz0 showing the error crash a game. I wasn’t even 2 minutes into the game before it crashed. This happens frequently.

cloud909,

How long had you been playing the game before queuing into that match? Had you been playing overwatch in mystery heroes/other modes hopping into that match for a while, or was that your first match since launching the game? This looks like a custom game with mystery heroes rulesets. Do you crash as quickly during normal non-custom games?

Well I restarted game after an hours of gameplay and it crashed about 20-30 minutes after restart. Again it was just as the POTG was announced.

Yesterday it crashed while I was in a mystery heros match. Today my game crashed 3 times at potg within 2 hours of mystery heroes.

Ps4 pro with sshd hard drive and latest ps4 update.

Playing mystery heroes and it just crashed at the usual time after playing for an hour

A post was split to a new topic: SirLeigh - Game Crashing issue

Hey everybody,

It looks like reports of this problem have dropped drastically. Is anyone still getting this exact error code with crashes on their PS4?

CE-34878-0

If you are, please fill out this information and let us know.

It happens on every single random character custom game. End of story. I’ve had it five times in the past hour.

Make that 9 times, not 5.

Yep, still getting this in Mystery Heroes right at the POTG announcement on PS4 Pro. 3 times within a couple of hours. I only started getting this with the latest update.

Anything? Anything at all?

My PS4 will crash mid game with error ce 34878. This has been extremely annoying. I noticed this started happening with the summer games update came out. This happens with all game modes eventually (quickplay, mystery heroes, comp etc). Is anyone else having this issue with overwatch, and what can I do? It only happens with overwatch, no other game. I’ve also tried all the recommendations to do when you get this error and nothing has worked which makes me think something with the summer games update corrupted my game.

Same here. Crashes about a second after POTG starts playing in Mystery Heroes. Last time this happened it was fixed in a patch but they never did say what was causing it. But also last time before Blizzard figured it out they told us to factory reset our PS4s. So yeah, don’t do that.

Oh also want to add that although the crash is most common on Mystery Heroes POTG it does also crash mid-game occasionally.

Hey all,

We’re still working on optimizing things, but the problem which caused the original spike in contacts on this is fixed. This error can still happen when you’re in a mode that uses a ton of memory, like mystery heroes games or when you are in a custom game mode with a lot of rulesets or which uses mystery heroes rulesets. The devs still have this on their radar, just didn’t want everybody in the dark. We appreciate all the continued reports!

2 Likes

Thank you for the update!

Still no fix. Yeah, thanks for that update.

Hi this has been happening to me since the new update. It happens EVERY single time I’m in character select. It does not matter what game mode, it’s been happening in multiple. It’s not something that goes away. Any time I go to character select it crashes and I get this error. I’ve reported it multiple times and the article Sony posted is gone now. I even deleted the game and FULLY reinstalled and it’s still happening.

I have received this error thrice today during comp and always at the start of the game when it happens. I have lost SR and gotten timed ban. I DID NOTHING WRONG.
this is going to make me quit this game.

1 Like

I also have this error code. Five times in the last two nights, three times in the last hour.

Always at character select.