CC Experimental coming tomorrow

Doom got 2 heavy CC nerfs a little over a year ago.

• Loss of air control of rising uppercut lowered from 3 seconds to 0.6 seconds

• Targets no longer lose air control upon being hit by seismic slam

I could see the loss of air control of uppercut being removed completely, however the recovery time Doom has on uppercut, currently 0.35 seconds, should be completely removed as well.

Removing the “knock-up” seismic slam has ruins his combo starter, and he’s a combo based character, so that would kind of suck especially without the 20 meter range.

1 Like

That would turn into a walking trashcan no one needs to even think about engaging.
She currently has the shortest stun with the shortest range as well.
Removing all stuns sounds horrible

i think that mcree will only recieve a flashbang nerf like for example reducing the stun duration by 40%. but if you think about him, what makes him good is his dangereus, but very rewarding playsyle, or more specificly, his unconsisntant, high damage output. I think that he will still be a top tier dps after this patch.

Doom is inherently bad design, a cool idea of a combo hero, but not one welcome in an fps. I can give you a solid length thesis on why hes impossible to properly balance, as balance is more than just how OP a hero is or isnt. Its also about how unfun or oppressive a hero is for how long. Ex. Nanoblade (despite being incredibly counterable even at a plat level) people feel “WAHHH ITS SO OP!!!” but its only strong for 6 seconds with 2 minutes between, and is a big cost as its two ultimates. Whereas doom with his hyper mobility, high damage and one shotting, with low cooldowns, and self sustain, is always alive. He doesnt have a stage where hes weak per se. Like how Genji is very killable without his reflect, or maybe his dash up. Or how McCree without flashbang is also quite killable. Doom just never has that, as he has two incredible gap closers, both lead in to either a oneshot or a combo that you cant do much about. Hes inherently not good for the game. He cant be truly balanced without being incredibly annoying and so unfun it actually ruins games, but when he isnt super absurd feeling to play against, he isnt balanced and is weak. Hes a failed design that Bliz legit cant do right by without a TOTAL hero rework. It happens.

Btw this wasnt the super long thesis I mentioned. I just have quite strong feelings as to the place of this hero in the game. Got a lot to say, and I dont think much of what I have to say is able to be written off.

Mei is dead and we all know it.

1 Like

This is what they’re really going to have to be careful of. But it’s also why I feel they will not nerf Moira’s soft aim requirements. She is the only thing keeping the high-mobility heroes in check.

They could change-up Torb a bit and make him more focused on anti-mobility.

Shorten his turret’s effective range, but increase the damage up close.

Make the following changes:

• Base RoF cut by 60% dropping dps from 56 to 24
  • Apply damage falloff from 22m to 40m reducing turret damage linearly by up to 66% (basically no damage at max range…there’s a reason).
  • Turret increases it’s RoF as it focuses on a single target.
    • 1st second: 24 dps (default)
    • 2nd second: +100% RoF. 48 dps.
    • 3rd second: +300% RoF. 96 dps.
    • Hammering a firing turret will instantly ramp up it’s RoF by one step in addition to healing the turret by 50 with a 4 second internal cooldown.
    • Changing targets will drop the turret’s RoF by one step with a 5 second internal cooldown that resets on kill or assist (so if it has to rapidly change targets due to enemy movement shenanigans, it just ignores them and blasts away. “Hello? This is turret. No Beckey. It’s 2am. You can’t come over.”)
  • Trade 100 health for 100 armor (150 health + 100 armor)
  • Increase Torb’s turret deployment speed during overload by 200% (from 3 seconds to 1 second) but if the turret dies before overload ends the CD is also increased by 50% from 10 seconds to 15.

What should these changes do?

They should allow Torb to zone out high-mobility heroes from the mid-rank to defend his supports and also give him options in combat that skill can apply to (hence the risk-reward of cutting the turret deployment time during overload) without breaking him (at the end of the day, the turret is still stationary). It would make him a dangerous ambusher at close range, but one that could be easily countered from long range if his turret was poorly positioned or once the position was called out and focused.

At the end of the day, he’s a DPS. He should be dangerous.

Are you sure? :slight_smile: , I couldn’t find any source.

True, if they nerf cc just get rid of it and rework their kits.

They literally just nerfed Reinhardt and probably will again today. What favoritism?

Do we have any confirmed information about cahnges?

1 Like

I couldn’t find more then this.

1 Like

I’m hoping they don’t touch Symmetra’s turrets.

I hope it’s more like high mobility heroes are affected the same way by CC as it is right now. But low mobility heroes are slowed or stunned slightly less. I think that’s all that’s currently needed.

Im worried, I love freezing people as Mei

I’m worried they are going to go too far with Mei.
Shes right in the middle sometimes below average on ladder based on the stats we has peasants have access too.
Any big nerf is going to hit her hard.

its not about the damage, its the stun duration

Again, it’s the shortest stun in the game. The shortest range too, I think. The fact you want the shortest stun in the game heavily nerfed makes it sound like you just want Brig trashed.

I honestly only really have a problems with Flashbang because if he’s behind you, you get no chance to fight back before you’re dead.
At least the Ice Demon gives you a chance(Even if you have to watch your window of survival slowly close), and because Rein’s shatter is an ult I think it’s fair considering ana’s sleep dart can stun you for longer.

Genji’s mobility in combat is extremely predictable unlike Tracer, and he sacrifices damage for such mobility. On top of that he’s also a glass cannon who cant heal himself. The solution to Genji SHOULD just be to aim better, since unlike his counterparts his mobility is predictable and he has a higher TTK than them.

You weaken that and the hero is absolute garbage. He wasn’t even THAT good with CC in a much weaker state back then during dive, he was the most swapped out of the comp.

Leave him alone.

A general CC reduction should still happen, since most high mobility heroes without CC are garbage currently, I.E. Winston and Genji.

yes, jeff posted every change here on the forums