Casual comp mmr question

so i bought a new account. this account sits at 2700 currently, i leveled my new account up to 25 and played 2 comp games today. i curbstomped the enemy team on zarya. averaging 34 elims and 15k damage per 10 mins. it was a high gold / low plat game both times.

do i have to climb my way back to where i am or if i win all my placements do i get a higher rank than my main?

Your first competitive game is always around 2350. You gain/lose much more SR per win/defeat in the early games. If you win all your placements, you will place around low masters.

More details here: Initial Competitive Skill Rating, Decrypted.

I wonder if anyone ever got real lucky and got placed masters while they should’ve been bronze/silver/gold

You will notice that the placement games quickly will go up in rank. On my alt I believe I had about 6-0 by the time I was placed in a 3.2k lobby. Needless to say that’s when I started losing and if I remember correctly I finished at about 2850 after losing 3 of the 4 remaining games.

See it as normal games where you start around 2300 and win or lose 150 sr per game. Give or take…