Career Profile still displaying completely wrong stats

I’ve been having this problem ever since the first day of the account merge in October. The career profile showed my stats, general & hero playtime etc. correctly right after the merge. The day after the merge it completely changed. And ever since my career profile changes from time to time and deletes countless hours on heroes or adds them onto others. My identity and journey with the first Overwatch game gets completely mischaracterized and its higly demotivating. The Overwatch-Support also does not seem to have any fixes as of right now, eventhough I have been waiting for half a year now. I play on console and I know players all over platforms have been having this problem.
Please prioritize this problem. I know I have read that allegedly no information was lost during the account merges and that it would come after time, but Im losing my patience after six months.

2 Likes

Same; I’ve just given up completely on it ever getting fixed. I’ve easily played 2x the hours it says I’ve played, and my top heroes are all way off.

Linking my post in case you would like to read more about this issue Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Competitive Career Statistics Page.

Everyone’s been patient for a fix or update but nothing as of yet