Career Profile NOT SHOWING STATS/RANKS PRE season 32 (PC)

Posted about this issue back in October last year but no response so I am creating a new thread. Original post can be found here

My career profile is not showing any of my rankings or statistics pre season 32. I know I am not the only person with this issue. I didn’t need to do an account merge because I am PC only. Is there a fix yet?

UPDATE (13/02/2023)
Since Season 3 of OW2 Ranks are not showing at all except for Seasons 33-36 of OW1
I have been playing this game since Season 3 of OW1. In place of rank icons there is just a dash (-)

This bug has not been posted in the “known issues” thread. It’s saying it’s only console players experiencing this. It is not. PC players have this problem too. A lot of my friends are missing the same things I am on their profiles. I will try to get them onto the forums to report also to try and gain some traction. But this sucks. Please give us back our stats :frowning:

FURTHER UPDATE
So after some digging. Apparently the ow1 stats and ranks not showing is intentional. As each season of ow2 progresses more of your previous ow1 history will be wiped. There are various articles and reddit threads about it but nothing persay on the official Blizzard side of things to confirm. So yeah long story short if you didn’t back up your data. It’s gone.

Also the fix for ow2’s stats and ranks not showing is to play 1 game of open queue and it should make everything else appear back as normal.

Hope that helps anyone else annoyed about this issue. Just pretty poor that we weren’t given any official statements or notified so we could back up or data before it was yeeted into oblivion.

sources here

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/yb9fqn/why_are_ranks_prior_to_s31_deleted_from_career/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/zdy9wb/reminder_season_31_stats_from_overwatch_1_will_be/

1 Like

I also have the exact same issue, with the previous ranks in OW1 and now in the previous and current ranks in OW2.

I have no ranks or stats for any comp, other then OW1 Season 34,35,36 ??

Fix please blizzard??

3 Likes

Thanks for replying. hopefully the more replies we get on this thread they will acknowledge it officially and we can see a fix.

1 Like

Yep- same here. It’s been like that basically since OW2 released and it’s starting to get a bit annoying tbh.
Constant server issues and crashes, constant problems with the displaying of certain stats ranks titles (not even the history- stat-display is correct in replays)

but hey at least the shop is NEVER not working.
Nice priorities, blizzard.

2 Likes

thankyou for replying I knew I definitely wasn’t the only one coz my friends I play with all have the same issue but they don’t really use the forums. I feel you I really do. It’s so frustrating that we are this far into the game being released and still no fixes. I just want my stats back :frowning:

1 Like

All competitive statistics before Season 32 of Overwatch 1 are now deleted. As seasons progress, the oldest season’s data will also be deleted. It’s incredibly disappointing but there’s nothing that can be done about it other than creating personal backups of your data and hoping the Devs will eventually reintroduce the old data. If you have other competitive bugs, I’d encourage you to read more about them in this thread: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. Any help in spreading the word about this thread would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Same for me. Really disappointing tbh. Thought it would be fixed by now.

1 Like