Cant speak in VC

Hiii, so as my title says, I cant speak in voice chat. I checked all my settings on xbox, overwatch, and battlenet but all seem to be fine. Ive tested 3 different headsets and i still cannot talk. i can talk in xbox party but not in overwatch team or group chat. What i mean by i cant talk is that im unmuted, in vc but none of my sounds carry through. it doesnt even show the talking button on the top left. i can hear everyone perfectly fine but i myself cant chat. is this some kind of bug?

2 Likes

I am having the exact same problem… been having it for months and it is really frustrating…

1 Like

Literaly the same, on xbox, and all the other settings are set correctly. I was playing with friends before and it was fine. The onky way i can talk to people is if we are all in party chat. But game chat will not work.

1 Like

I had the same thing today. Turns out my standard device was my Nvidia broadcast mic output, and for some reason that program had closed itself, so there was literally no mic for the game cast. Maybe its something like that for you?

1 Like

Hi, thank you for the suggestion ^^ are you on pc? i am on xbox and im not sure theres an option to change default device. in my overwatch settings>sound>general>device it is headphones which is what i always use ‘_’

1 Like

Hey, I’m encountering the same issues you. I’m in my group channel, however, it isn’t allowing me to speak. I can see the icon for my phone speaking popping up, however, I can’t hear them for some reason. However, when I’m in the Xbox party everything works perfectly fine. This is really stressful especially when trying to use game chat for competitive games. This is the only game I’ve encountered this issue with which is really odd

1 Like

Okay so, yipee! my issue solved itself. but im really sorry if youre looking at this thread for answers and all you see is my answerless celebration :sob: i hope all your mic issues solve themselves too ^^

1 Like

Hi! How did you fix your mic issue? Did you find out what was wrong? I’m having the same problem right now :frowning:

1 Like

We have a 5 stack, 3 xbox, 2 PS5, and as of a week ago 4 out of 5 of us can’t communicate. Same as you, I can hear people fine, I’m in the group channel, unmuted, but it doesn’t seem to pick up my mic. Party chat on Xbox works fine, but since we have PS5 players this isn’t ideal. This issue seems fairly widespread, and for a game centered around communication it’s unacceptable that there hasn’t been a fix.

1 Like

sorry! i didnt do anything, it just went away :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.