Can't Run Overwatch because it gets extremely laggy

My computer has an i5 and a 1060 gtx graphics card and was running overwatch perfectly fine when I first got my laptop. I deleted the game about 3 months ago and just reinstalled it today, but there are some issues. As soon as the game launches it works perfectly fine but as soon as the animated wallpaper shows up everything becomes extremely slow. It is late to reply to clicking on tabs and adjusting settings. I have never had this problem before so I decided to get into a game (to see if it were just the title screen) but even then the fps was close to 15. I am not sure what the problem is and would very much appreciate as much help as possible. Thank you!

I suspect that your laptop’s graphic settings may not be configured correctly, especially if you use an NVidia graphics card. Check out these steps from Blizzard Support Agent Drakuloth:

So I did as so, but it is still funky so I am going to make sure it is optimized in my gforce, reinstall the game, and sweep my computer for viruses (which I did less than a week ago). Thank you for the help!

1 Like