Can't Play Overwatch?

So I just got sick of my old Internet. It was bad like really bad. I lost hundreds of SR due to it being choppy or even putting me at pings as high as 10,000.

Long story short, got a new ISP. Cox to be exact. Now I can’t even log into Overwatch. It goes through the connection process near instantly then stops at the “Entering game…”

Lost connection to game server (LC-202)
Does anyone know what this error means? I have no issues logging into any other online games such as Apex, Smite, FFXIV, etc. Just Overwatch. Could it be my ISP or are the servers just down?

So you like Cox?

:rofl:

On a serious note, open a ticket they can help you better than anyone here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/overwatch/907/1093/channels

1 Like

Love actually. Much better than getting screwed by AT&T.

Ty btw, will do.

1 Like

You’re welcome, I hope you get your issue resolved.

Updates? Uninstall/reinstall? I get that error on Xbox when the game needs an update or when my modem/router needs a restart.

I’m redownloading right now. I’m thinking my ISP has some ports blocked that OW needs to run.

just get a new isp

Also add OW and bnet to your Antivirus Whitelist.
(If you are on console ignore this)

1 Like

It could be problems with your home network.

Are you using wifi? Get an ethernet connection if at all possible.

Make sure nothing else is slamming the connection at the same time. Even if you’ve got the bandwidth the router might not be able to handle it.

If you just swapped your ISP, give it a day.

All the various routing tables for your connection will vary a good bit for the first 24-48 hours. Including the outward facing mac address, this is probably what the ow server is getting cranky about.

1 Like

I’m connected via Ethernet at all times.

Another thing you can try is making sure you close out of both overwatch and the blizz launcher (including exiting the tray icon)

going to command prompt, run as admin.

Ipconfig /release

Enter

Ipconfig /renew

Enter

Ipconfig /flushdns

Enter

Ipconfig /registerdns

Enter

Wait for it to finish, close commandprompt.

Then try launching the game again.

There is also an ongoing thread with official responses here in tech support forums