Can't Play Overwatch (Sudden Crashes)

I downloaded overwatch 2 two days ago and had played through one match entirely fine. Switched graphics to ultra and everything ran smooth. Restarted the game to apply effects and I kept getting crashes from just at the main menu to also being mid game. It happens in under a 5 min intervel everytime and I never get any error messages. The game just closes out entirely as if alt+f4 was keyed. I have a 2070 Super and a I7-9700k so Ik my computer shouldnt have issue running the game at that graphic level as FPS was stable at 132-135 frames. Ive done everything I can come up with for a solution. I lowered graphic settings to lowest values… Didnt work. I Scanned the game for repair. Didnt find anything corrupt. I reinstalled graphics drivers and that didnt do anything either (Yes clean installed). I saw a youtube video about a commandline parameter I could try and that didnt work either. With no options left I tried reinstalling the game. Still no luck it crashes just the same. I run on windows 11 so maybe the game has some sort of incompatibility? If anyone has a solution I would genuinely appreciate it!

Side-note: Also disabled any overlay that my programs couldve hooked to the game with (discord, steam overlay, etc)

2 Likes

i have the exact same issue and tried all the things you tried before.

2 Likes

Check out this thread:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/main-thread-overwatch-2-crashes-after-a-couple-of-minutes

There is a temporary, but very annoying, solution. Create a new Windows user whenever you want to play the game. At least for me, when I play the game a second time on that same user it crashes again, hence recreate that user every time.

That doesnt work for me I just crash I have tried just about everything :frowning:

my game crashed and now it locked me out of comp

I am having the same issues while having an Nvidia 3060 graphics card. Although peculiar enough, the game will sometimes run smothly for a couple hours but then the next day it just starts doing the same thing.

How will we know if a dev even looks at this because the game is literally un playable.

My overwatch keeps crashing mid comp game. And then afterwards simply says “Could not locate resources” and ive tried everything. Ive installed it on a portable storage drive instead of local storage, tried scanning and repairing countless times, uninstalling and re installing the game. But nothing works, and its preventing me from climbing in comp due to losses from leaving and just playing the game in general. This is a month and a half old issue. Fix your game blizzard.

Try studio drivers + undervolting. I have fixed all crashes with my 3090 for all games (including overwatch2) and for unreal engine too (because it was one problem for everything)

here is “how to” video:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.