Can't play in America region

I am from the EU! I used to play in America servers. Now i can’t anymore in the America region despite of changing the region. What is the problem? explain please.

With the introduction to Global Play which is part of the Cross-Play update, the matchmaker will select the best possible server based on your skill rating and ping rate.

In the case i am in a party? But i don’t have friends from US regions! This is really disappointing. One of the reason why i am still playing Overwatch is to get away from my own space and “visit” people from different regions, now you successfully destroyed the hope. Should have some kinda in-game achievement - Get 100 disappointments from Blizzard.

1 Like

I play in the early hours(2-5am) due to my work hours. I am not getting any games and the wait times are terrible in Europe. I used to play in Americas to get a game as they are 6 hours behind me. Now I cant.

This has literally ruined Overwatch for me.

Asia Server sucks so bad. Please let me back to America Server.

I’m from Argentina. My best friend moved to Ireland a few years ago , and Overwatch was the way we had to keep in touch and do stuff together. It´s been months now since we last played. One of us started getting 250ms and the other 20ms (depending if we were in an America’s server or a Europe one). Now you can’t choose the US East server that gave us 100ms each (totally playable)

What is the issue with people choosing where to play ?

1 Like

let me back into America’s, i don’t wanna listen to non English speaking people in a game where communication is the main part.

1 Like

This is terrible man. I explicitly picked to play on NA to avoid Russians spamming - can’t even get away from that anymore

This sucks, I am in Europe and I play with my friends in NA, but the thing is they hate playing on high ping whereas I don’t mind, but when I duo with them, the matchmaking ALWAYS picks my European servers, so now they don’t want to play with me unless its a party of 3. We should be able to choose which one of us will deal with the ping. This is awful.

i cannot even get any matches at all in role q as support, and they say their servers are fine… like ZERO MATCHES