Can't open overwatch due to 3rd party?

Yesterday night, I was able to play overwatch fine. But when I got on today, it keeps saying “We have detected the use of a third-party application in violation of our EULA. Overwatch will now exit.” I haven’t downloaded anything since yesterday. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Did you ever use Visor or Pursuit? Both of these applications are in violation of the EULA. Starting with this patch, the game will shut down if it detects the files of either application. Uninstall the application(s) in question and make sure you delete any residual files in your Program Files (x86) folder and your ProgramData folder (both located in the root directory of your C Drive).

1 Like

I realized I did have visor a while back, but I’ve tried to completely delete it and maybe I haven’t. I’ll try to delete it completely again but I couldn’t find anymore files.

Well, as I said, just make sure you check BOTH “Program Files (x86)” and “ProgramData” in your C: Drive root directory. Also I am unfamilar with Visor so might also have to inspect your user account “AppData” folder.

I found a visor folder in Program Files but it says I cant delete it because its running somewhere. I closed Blizzard app but it still says it running…

check task manager to see whether a visor or pursuit related task is running, end it, then delete the folder

Open your Task Manager (press Ctrl + Alt + Del) , and click the “More Details” button at the bottom of the Window. Inspect the list to see if any program descriptions match to Visor and right click and select End Task.

It wasn’t running in task manager. The only thing open was chrome. But luckily I opened the Visor folder and there was an Uninstall Visor option that shut down visor for me. Thanks for the help! Overwatch in running fine.

Good. Post back if there are still any complications. As a reminder, you will not be in any trouble as long as you keep those applications removed. For details see the link in my original reply. Cheers!