Can't log in after update

when I click play - game is running - black screen - there’s a sound like crash - stay blackscreen ??

Hey miyuki,

I did not see any error logs from the game client. Will need to do a bit of trouble shooting to find out what is causing these black screens to happen. Please do try these steps.

• Run the Overwatch repair tool.

• Reset In-Game Options.
[ul]1) Select the game in the Blizzard app and click Options .
2) Click Game Settings.
3) Click on Reset In-Game Options.
4) Click Done and launch the game normally.[/ul]

• There is a known issue with the Razer software that can cause black screens at launch. If Razer is installed update it to Synapse 3 as Razer release a fix for this here.

• To be on the safe side make sure Windows and the drivers in the computer are up to date.

• Run the computer in a selective startup mode.

• Then post a DxDiag and Overwatch Error Logs. Paste the DXdiag and Overwatch Error Logs into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the “code” button (</>). That’ll make the information much more readable.

yesterday, I can play overwatch and now happening like this again.
there’s a pop up said
‘we have detected the useof a third party application in violation of our EULA. Overwatch will now exit’.
Btw, I not use third party. I have try turn off my antivirus and still not working. why?? I only open battlenet and tried to play overwatch. PLS I WANT TO PLAY IN THIS EVENT :cry: :cry: :cry:

Howdy!

Can you post up the Overwatch error log and Dxdiag as stated in the first post it would help us figure out why and be able to direct you to the next step of troubleshooting. Thanks!

thanks for the quick respond. the problem is solved.
it’s because pursuit app for overwatch statistic.

Howdy!

We have a warning about this located Here. Feel free to provide any feedback to our developers over on our General forums Here.

Thanks for letting us know!