Can't join voice chat

Hello, I’ve had an issue since early February which causes me to be unable to join voice chat channels during matches. Here’s a bit of insight:

• There’s no “Joined team voice chat, x players in channel” message when I connect.
  • When I press P, it says “TEAM. 1 player” and the mic icon to the right of my name is crossed over, indicating my mic is muted. Pressing it, or M, does nothing.
  • “Auto join” is enabled for team chat in the settings.
  • The recording device is enabled, set as default, and the system picks up the audio from the mic.
  • I can’t hear the other players, but they are communicating just fine.

My OS is Windows 7 (64bit)
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz
8 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

A fresh install of the game didn’t help. This doesn’t happen on a different computer using the same internet connection.
Would be really great to hear that this is not a permanent thing and that it can be fixed. Season 9 is here and not being able to communicate is detrimental. Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

mate i have the same issuse… but only on the na server on the eu server it works fine… oh i have the same graphic card like you hopefully somebody can help us blizzard :frowning:

1 Like

Really? Only on NA? That’s odd. For me it persists on both. :frowning:

im getting this too, exactly as in the OP. showed muted icon, clicking on it does nothing. everything working fine prior to this, nothing about my very nice gaming desktop which i built has changed.

i’m having the same issue. how do we fix this???

Hello, i can’t join to voice chat too. Nothing happens. The microphone icon is crossed out. The microphone working in Discord. Any help?

Same problem,tried all the support voice steps but still not working. 100% a problem with a windows 10 update! but anyawys i dont know how to fix this problem. 3 weeks without voice…unlucky

It’s also happening in windows 7. I also have discord running in the background with push to talk enabled. How many other people run discord? Could it be related?

I’ve tried deleting discord. It didn’t help. So it technically could be related. But in my case, it wasn’t. I still haven’t fixed this. The solutions I’ve been offered are basically the same ones I’ve said twice (!) that haven’t worked. I was offered to reinstall windows… I mean, that is technically a solution, but it’s not something I can currently do, so I don’t know.

These steps may help:

Yeah I’ve been told this like 5 times, and I’ve said “I’ve tried all of this and it didnt help.”

I have the same issue, but on ps4. After a while it says “0 players in voice chat” even if I joined. Please blizzard fix this

My friend is having this issue - Any help?

I have fixed this issue on my setup. My problem was that cat would drop out after a brief period (a minute or two) of working. Overwatch uses VoIP software for chat made by Vivox. This software does not require the packets to be modified as they move from inside your private network to the public internet – said another way, there is no need to have your router modify outgoing VOiP packets on ports 5060, 5061 to remove private IP addresses and insert public IP addresses. Doing so apparently confuses the Overwatch servers into thinking you are not in the group any longer and so it drops you, which appears an a muted mic that cannot be unmuted. So the fix is to turn off SIP ALG (aka SIP helper, SIP Fixup, SIP Pass-Thru, SIP Tranformations) inside your router. Pakets will no longer be modified as they pass to the public internet, and your IP address that Vivox already knows stays intact in the data packets, and the drop out issue is resolved.

Any solutions I am still facing the same problem…:frowning:

I know I’m late guys, but I am experiencing the same issue as well and wanted to ask if there are any viable solutions atm.

Tried what you did, but unfortunately no luck here.

Months later and I’m still having this issue, come on blizzard.

Hi,

After a loooong time of searching I managed to fix this issue. I noticed that a windows 10 Update managed to uninstall my realtek hd audio manager.

After installing it again from the realtek website it actually fixed my Overwatch voice chat issue for good!

so in other words, if you notice that you dont have Realtek HD audio manager in ur control panel or if its not working as it should, go to this link to get it back :

2 Likes

Still having this issue, tried everything and nothing fixed it.