Can't get same fps after changing settings

So I play on a laptop and get like 50-60 fps on low.
A couple of days ago I was browsing Youtube and found a video on how to get better fps, so surely i tried but it didn’t work.

After changing my settings, I tried changing them back, but for some reason I can’t get the same fps as I had earlier. Now I get 30-40, and in the main menu my fps constantly goes up and down between 30 and 40. Even with everything on low, my fps won’t go back up to what I used to have.

Anyone have a solution?

Specs:

• Gforce GTX 960M
  • I5-6300HQ 2.30GHz
  • 8GB RAM

(I’m a complete noob when it comes to PC specs and advanced terms and stuff)

Hey PotatoChip,

Recommend in the Overwatch Video settings clicking on the Restore Defaults button to get the game setting back to the default settings.

Then if the FPS is still low going over WyomingMyst’s performance guide to help increase the FPS.

1 Like

I tried this, but nothing changed…

PotatoChip,

Your Intel CPU is less powerful than your Nvidia GPU - if it’s overheating or getting throttled it’ll lower your FPS. Can you get us some more information? First off, download HWmonitor and run it during a game. Once that game is done, check the “Max” temperature of your CPU and your GPU. If they’re too high, use a gentle vaccuum to suck dust out of your laptop vents, or take it to a PC tech to get the heat hardware checkedo ut if that doesn’t work. If you don’t see anything, let’s get some more info:

1. Maximize the HWMonitor window and expand all the nodes on the left
  2. Scroll all the way up
  3. Take a screenshot with the Print Screen (prtscn) key
  4. Open up the program Paint and press ctrl+v to paste in the test
  5. Crop the screen if you want to only show the test, then save it as Test1.JPG
  6. Scroll all the way down, then repeat steps 3-5.

Get similar screenshots of your in game settings so we can look for possible problem settings. Finally, upload those somewhere like imgur and link them to us here. You can put the link between two ` marks (same key as the tilde ~) if you get an error, since you haven’t posted much yet.

It'll look like this