Can't get OWL Tokens

So i live in Republic of Moldova, and because i live here i’m not eligible for OWL tokens that are awarded for viewing OWL matches.
Why are tokens tied to locations? I want OWL skins too.
I can’t change to another region because the site detects automatically that i live where i live. And i don’t have vpn.
This makes me sad, that’s all.

2 Likes

The official line is that some countries’ laws don’t allow for it.

If it makes you feel better, I’m in a country that’s eligible, but I’m simply not getting any tokens.

Well, you can purchase them too…

Blizzard can only operate in certain territories where they have the legal ability to do so. Sadly, I don’t have more details to share than that.

This would not work anyways, the eligiblity is based on your current Country of residency as defined by your Blizzard account.

It is a bummer, but as others have mentioned, tokens are available for purchase for anyone from their game platform store.

1 Like

Remember I have technical troubleshooting and updates for users available here if you have not checked it already:

1 Like

Thanks, but I’ve been watching the matches on Home | The Overwatch League, I’ve been logged in (complete with the line of text telling me I am logged in to earn viewship rewards), but I’m yet to recieve any tokens. C’est la vie.

Maybe the 25+ tokens will appear out of the aether at some future date.

If you are not getting them now, then something is probably happening such as an AdBlocker or an incompatible browser (all of these are issues I am investigating), I strongly recommend taking time to look at that list.

1 Like

I’ve got it open in Microsoft Edge. I never use Edge normally, so there’s no ad-blockers or indeed any non-standard plug-ins, add-ons, or whatever else is on offer for Edge.

Okay, well try and see if it works, note you may need to watch up to an hour to see if there is any drops.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve had it open in Edge, logged in, for around six hours of live matches. Nada. It’s just cursed.

Okay, so have you tried Chrome or Firefox without any Adblocker plugins enabled?

So OWL tokens are coming this week or it was here before?

I can’t even log in on any browser apart from Edge, even with Adblock disabled and waiting for ten minutes.

Now. They’re live now.

OWL token drops are available now! Full details here:

Ok thank you guys time to link my youtube account.

STOP! Linking your Google account is not the correct process. You must watch on OverwatchLeague.com while signed in on BattleNet on that site. Watching on YouTube directly will not drop tokens.

2 Likes