Can't get above 70 FPS anymore and Overwatch is using 99% of my GPU

I have an RTX 2080 TI, an i9-9900K CPU, 32 GB of ram, and an SSD and have always been able to run Overwatch on ultra settings at 165 FPS. I haven’t really played in a while, and just tried to play tonight and cannot get above 70 FPS, and can see in task manager that Overwatch is using 99% of my GPU. I have no idea why this is happening. My frames aren’t capped in game, I’ve tried reinstalling the game, I’ve installed new Nvidia drivers, I’ve restarted my computer, and I’ve checked task manager and my FPS in other games. It seems to be only a problem with Overwatch.

Has anyone else had similar issues as of late? I’m not sure what to do about this.

1 Like

i have the same problem, after latest nvidia and game update i see overwatch is using 99% gpu but only get 60-70 fps. pls help

check ur game settings, mine were reset and rendering scale was like 150 and everything else was ultra.

These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:

• Reset Overwatch’s Video Settings
  • Update your graphic card driver.
  • Reset your graphic card driver settings., then make sure that your Graphic Card Driver control panel is configured correctly for Overwatch. This includes setting Overwatch at Maximum Performance (not optimal power) for Power Management and making sure it set to run on the graphics card and not the motherboard chipset.
  • In drastic cases you may need to reinstall the driver and update to the most recent driver for your card. Remember to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clean out your old driver. Then download the most recent NVidia or AMD for your system.
  • There have been other threads reporting that updating your system BIOS can help with some performance issues with recent patches. Please be careful if you choose to update your BIOS and look up your motherboard’s instructions on how to do this.

Also here are advanced tips I have written in Overwatch’s Tech Support forum that maximize your FPS performance in the game.

I have the same issue. This happened right when I downloaded the newest NVIDIA Drivers. I ran other games and still had the same performance before update.

Did you by any chance use the Nvidia Geforce experience to optimize your game? Perhaps it changed your render resolution to higher than 100% like it did to me. Did you also try disableing vsync and capping your framerate to your moniters refresh rate? This would give you more overhead on both your gpu and cpu.