Can't connect bnet desktop app to discord

I’ve read through all of the forums that Blizzard has offered and none of them have been resolved for this issue. Also, technical support was the best grouping because none of the others encompassed my issue.

The issue is - discord can’t recognize bnet and won’t connect it. It’s very frustrating. I’ve tried everything there is. This never was an issue until one day I disconnected it because it had my old bnet tag on there, and now it won’t come back. It’s been like this for over a month. Every other app connects to discord without any problem.

Any help and/or cooperation would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Varga

10 Likes

This definitely needs Blizzard’s or Discord’s attention. Your situation is the same as mine where I disconnected my Blizzard account and now can’t reconnect it. Hope this message gets noticed and will eventually resolve the issue.

4 Likes

I’d like to add on that my discord won’t connect either, still - I only just joined discord, however, so it’s not an issue of it would connect earlier and now it won’t. I’ve tried having my blizzard account open in the bnet app, in the web browser, and then opening discord to connect but it wouldn’t. logging out of discord and then back in did not resolve the problem.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue too. I have tried reinstalling Discord but that hasn’t done anything. I have also tried having Blizzard on both the web browser and the app too.

Hey folks,

Integration into Discord isn’t something we set up on our app. If Discord isn’t registering your battle.net application, you’ll want to contact Discord support.

Hope they fix this soon. I’ve been having this issue for a long time. I just now decided to try again to reconnect my Battlenet account to my Discord, and decided to Google search and came across your post. Did you ever get it resolved?

This seems to be an issue in regards to the OS after a certain update went live (update with discord/bnet/Windows, I do not know which one the culprit is). However, I have tried everything on my Windows 10 PC and nothing works as a viable fix, not even Public Test Build Discord. I jumped onto my old Windows 7 Ultimate PC and it linked my Blizzard account instantly without any issues. It’s just a shame because I know mostly everyone upgraded to Windows 10 and not everyone has an old PC with Windows 7 just laying around.

Yeah I had this issue since when I got the message to link my blizzard account I was signed into my friends at the time so I pressed no. Now I can’t connect my account to discord and its really annoying

I was able to connect my battle tag when I ran Discord(stable) As an administrator with battle.net running before I opened Discord as Admin, I hope this helps others!

1 Like

its working …ty
I tried to run discord as admin.