Cannot Redeem Overwatch League Tokens

So I’m having an issue where for the past while I haven’t been gaining any tokens from watching the OWL.

I’ve only been given the notification once upon logging into the game and a blue bar would pop up saying “OWL tokens have been redeemed” or something like that, but after that, nothing. I haven’t gotten any more tokens since. I’ve always triple checked that I was logged into the league’s site while watching the live stream to make sure I was still eligible to collect tokens, and since I’m from Canada, I’d always check to see if I had to do that mathematical question again to see if I was still eligible. It told me I was, and I didn’t need to take it again.

Recently I got an email from Blizzard saying that I had 100 or more tokens that I had yet to redeem on my account and it provided steps for me to do so. So I’m like, “Great! I can finally get my tokens, kudos to Blizz for letting me know!” so I log in and follow the steps to redeem my tokens. The last step mentions to click on the unlock button and all of my tokens would be redeemed and I can buy the skin that I wanted to get.

There’s just one issue. The “unlock” button on my screen is faded out. It won’t let me click it, ergo I can’t redeem my tokens.

Has anyone else encounter this issue? If so, how can I fix it?

This was a false alarm sent out to all users who signed up for the Newsletter. It was only supposed to alert those who did not redeem the tokens from that promotion.

The unlock button is only lit if you have a valid balance of tokens in your Overwatch account. Above that button, your balance should display.

Check out my guide for key tips to ensure you are following all needed steps to earn drops from watching the streams: