Cannot rank past bronze 4 despite repeatedly winning

I’ve seen the stuck on bronze 4 bug reported everywhere but I will report it again since nobody is ever going to fix it anyway. I’ve won 5 straight games 3 different times and still get placed bronze 4. It’s absolutely absurd how little they care to fix this and makes playing competitive mode 100% useless and a waste of time

5 Likes

i cannot get any matches for Support role in comp ( infinite Q times - Zero Matches)

I am thinking the account is bugged def.

gonna create an alt account and see

yes, being stuck in bronze is a well known issue, which they have not even addressed,

just look around the forums

1 Like

Same for me, I can only get to bronze 3. And no matter how many games I win I get reranked as bronze 3. But if I have a 5-5, 5-6 or 5-7 I get back to bronze 4. If I win back to bronze 3 and I’m stuck at this endless loop. It is happening for both dps and support.

2 Likes

I’m experiencing the same bug :< Despite the number of wins and carries I did in comp, I’m still stuck in Bronze 4. Already tried to play 2 runs of rank updates yet no changes. As someone who’ve been playing since the first Overwatch, this is truly disappointing. First, the huge ranking changes and now this. C’mon Blizzard, we’re trying to keep your game here and you give us this?

1 Like

The bug you’re referring to has been fixed long time ago…

Friendly reminder that in order to gain SR/Rank up (in lower ranks) you need to perform better than other people with similar SR.

That applies to every rank below Diamond. Your stats matter a LOT.

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s a ton of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.