Cannot bind Move Forward to mouse 1?

I have been playing fps games since Quake and Descent back in the 90’s. I have recently downloaded OW, and to my dismay, I cannot use the control configuration I have used for the past 25 years.

Is there any way to get move forward onto mouse 1?

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

I’m right there with you, this breaks the game for me because I can’t just undo 30 years of muscle memory. I’ve actually been playing Overwatch for years, took a short break, and then came back to this change. I’m curious as to why they disabled this.

2 Likes

That’s crazy that it used to be possible… they took it out? Makes no sense to me. This game is literally unplayable to me right now.

if you have a Logitech mouse you could bind M1 to the W key on a special profile for Overwatch

not sure about other makes of gaming mice but most of them probably have a similar feature

I know this is old, but I use downloaded and use setpoint to bind my side sidepress scroll wheel to “E”.

I know what you mean by muscle memory, instead of WASD I use SZXV. Started back before using a mouse for shooters became a widely used concept back in the days of wolfenstein 3-D and Doom (imagine playing the first Quake without a mouse; and using alt as a strafe modifier).

yeah same here, I’ve put default config to let my son try and not being in the old school gaming style with mouse 1 to forward and mouse 2 to back, FIX IT FOR US !

Howdy y’all,

Going to lock the thread since it’s very old. Currently it is intended that Left Click button cannot be rebound. If this is a wanted game feature I might suggest posting this in our General forums as a game feature change request.

Thanks!