Canceled games are getting out of hand

I just waited over ten minutes to get into a game and then had
someone quit early canceling the game twice in a row. And I’m still waiting in the queue while I type this. Please stop canceling the games. Just reset the match, put everyone still in the game in a new lobby and drop in someone who’s waiting in the queue. I can’t imagine it being more difficult than that

1 Like

sometimes we can play for like a minute and a half and it still cancels game. :frowning:

And sometimes barely nothing happens and someone leaves and the game continues.

thats bc they changed how it works a match now only gets cancelled if the person that leaves never left spawn

Well that’s just how the game is played. Sure they get a short suspension from comp play. Does that really matter? Who doesn’t have more than 1 account anymore? They keep running sales giving the game away for $10-15 and trolls buy several. It takes a few seconds to swap accounts and boom they are in to ruin another game.

Barely nothing is the wrong term its barely anything. Barely nothing implies there was non stop action with barely any down time.

It’s better to get a cancelled game than getting a leaver and losing SR for free.

1 Like

I just don’t understand why they put everyone back into the queue blender instead of just starting the game over and adding the one person they need. That one person should just be whoever is next in line which should take 1 second.

The matchmaker has to find someone of the same or really close skill level, which is most of the times harder than reorganizing the teams and players to match the skill of others in queue.

If one team had 4.7k Space they cant just sub in 4.3k Emongg.

1 Like

That makes more sense to me.

You should be getting put back into the queue with priority making it less painful. DPS get the raw end of the stick with this but reorginizing the active members makes everything more even. Getting the next random player in might make the game less balanced and starts everyone off on an uneven playing field.

The matchmaker is basically doing what you want but it’s just not doing it the way you want. If everyone was still in the game but after finding that one extra person the groups got shuffled around a little bit, but you didn’t leave the lobby, would that be acceptable?

I.E.: Someone on the enemy team might be placed on your team instead.

1 Like

Evidence of rigging if you ask me. They can’t simply replace that person with anyone of similar SR/MMR. That leaver was a smurf, troll, or thrower hand picked by the matchmaker to sabotage/handicap your game.

I can see perhaps in top 500 or bottom 500 there may be an issue finding a suitable replacement but in silver, gold, plat where 80% of the player base resides? I don’t think so unless this game is really as dead as they say.

1 Like