Canada VS USA Match Time

Can someone shed some light as to why the match was on the schedule for 5pm PDT and then pushed forward 2 hours last minute? Just wondering because I wanted to watch it live and planned my day around it, opened up twitch to find the match just ended and people in chat spoiling the score.

For all Overwatch Esports, they always run matches in succession even if it is ahead of schedule. The schedule moved very quickly today with many 3-1’s and 4-0’s with virtually no time bank rounds either. Always tune in early to see a specific match live.

Thanks. That’s still pretty lame though. As an international viewer it’s pretty hard to stay up to date on how matches are progressing when they start in the middle of the night.

Well if it matters the next two group stages are red eye matches for us Americans. See my topic here for the Bangkok group stage schedule:

But that’s kinda the point. Why bother with a schedule if they just run the games sequentially and ignore the schedule?

The schedule gives the “estimated start time” based on the average duration of a match. Its frustrating, especially to those who wishes to watch a specific match. However I believe they do this to keep interest to the overall broadcast and keep people tuned in, instead of having large breaks.

Yeh I get that. Just frustrating to not only entirely miss the match I wanted to watch but also have it spoiled by twitch chat. Oh well.