Can You still get banned for One Tricking?

I did not play this game in a good bit so I came back to it on a smurf in rank and was one tricking Torb. I was told by 3 different people that they hope i get banned for one tricking. Is it still a thing?

Yes only because of the BS automatic ban report system.

11 Likes

Depends on the hero you choose to one trick. So yeah, it’s still a thing.

It will always be a thing because people don’t like playing with those who one-trick bad heroes.

It will always be a thing because Blizzard isn’t gonna get rid of auto-ban.

Well damn If I cant play the only person I have fun on it without getting banned, that kinda sucks. I wished the game would be updated more compared to other games. we get a new hero like every 4 months while league and other games get one almost every month or 2.

1 Like

Yeah its still here, after the Doomfist nerfs I suddenly received a ban for “disruptive gameplay” which after a while of asking in tickets I finally got someone that told me I am “feeding ult charge and suiciding in the enemy team on purpose” which I never do.

Sure thing brother.

4 Likes

You can be autobanned for anything on this game as long as enough people report you.

4 Likes

Yes you can as its an automated system, people will report you if they dont like your hero choice so if you hit the threshold you receive a penalty. You can dispute it but it really depends on the person handling your ticket. They cant even do reports right.

1 tricks can use a feature called “private profile” and not join team chat whilst they 1 trick and have “fun” - all whilst losing of course.

You actually can play Torb only while not getting banned, play quick play. That’s what the game mode is there for, having fun while not caring if you win or lose.

Yes and no.

Yes, because players will blame you for a loss and report you as a result.

No, because it’s technically not reportable and has been stated as such.

Lmao i would not mind the automated system if they were better at the appealing part of the whole deal but they just dont care

Depends on who you get as teammates tbh. Automatic reporting system will ban you for anything if you get enough reports, even false ones.

Devs say its not bannable, but then say it is because youre holding your team back, but also say that playing poorly isnt reportable so :unamused:

They specifically say that playing poorly and refusing to switch isn’t reportable, but still say things like “we’ll you weren’t working with the team”

1 Like

I hope really. One tricks are a detriment to the team.

The prime example of “Hypocrite mentality” with some of the GMs.

1 Like