Can you really get a PERMA BAN for leaving maches?

So, I currently Am banned from Season 27 Competitive play for leaving. I already got over it even if it bugs me since it is pretty much start of the season but true question is the topic title therefore whether one dan be permanently banned from competitive play solely for leaving. I don’t want to justify myself (Altho majority of those leaves weren’t my fault) , I just want to know.
Thank you for any potential answers.

yes after you get 3 season bans you are automatically full comp banned…forever

3 Likes

In row or just like that?
I mean, this is my third banned season and it still says “You are banned: season 27” so…

Wait, were you like banned for 3 Seasons straight? You literally did not play Comp in the previous 2 Seasons?

1 Like

My bad
My third single-ban season
Season 10
Season 26 (The very end)
Season 27
My question is whether I am banned forever now and should look for a cracked copy of OW on G2A

1 Like

Ahm, good question :smiley: I was never Comp banned so I do not have any personal experience in that department.

However, this was the “newest” post that I could find regarding leaver penalties (if someone else has any current ones, please correct me):

As far as I understand the leaver penalty goes down once you stop leaving matches. Also, I do believe you will have to wait for the next Season to be able to play again.

All in all, do not leave matches :smiley: or if you like doing so then play QP or other non-Comp related modes.

2 Likes

I’ll do my best.
But it still sucks getting just 7 hour sus and first mach after that PING 6000 and a comp ban
Thanks for tha assist

3 comp seasons in a row and you’re perma banned from the game. As for not-in-a-row, it goes down when you play a set number of matches without leaving

Not sure how you got season banned regardless. Relax and stop leaving games, because you have to leave 5 in less than 7 days to get season banned

2 Likes

I think I understand bad ping more than anyone here :smiley:

3-4 months ago I’ve changed my ISP, and before that I was unable to play for a month or so, give or take, due to a very bad connection, but I decided to not play Comp. It was going to 3-4k ping in less than few secs and it would disconnect me in the end. Got banned from QP too due to that. Yes you can get banned from QP too if you keep leaving.

Please do not play if your connection is unstable.

If you haven’t already been told then you must be fine but if you get banned next season it sounds like you will be donezo. Have you considered maybe not leaving games? If by “not your fault” you mean internet issues, you need to speak to your ISP or maybe not play online games.

1 Like

You do get banned forever, I used to live in a student house with a bad network connection. Sometimes it would just cut off and it would disallow me to reconnect. I was quite hyped to play the game back in 2017 so I would just always keep on playing.

Eventually that account got comp banned because I timed out too much during games. The account is still banned till this day. I’ve tried contacting Support for it stating that it wasn’t an intention leave and always happened because my internet would cut off. But they stated that they’re not able to tell whether it was due to an actual disconnect or latency issues.

So the ban stays.

So an absolute minimum of 5 teammates’ games ruined, multiplied by 5 for the season ban, multiplied by 3 for the three seasons. That’s 75 people the OP screwed over.

What about the cases where they leave at the start and the match gets canceled right away or times where they rejoin and even win the match/fight?
If you were in bronze more than 1 season these days… you’ll get used to it.

If you have consistent disconnects, something in your life is conflicting with your ability to play comp and that’s your fault for queueing and knowing that.

1 Like

Yes, you can and should be banned for leaving games of comp. If you have bad internet and disconnect a lot, then you should be banned as well. These things ruin the experience for the people on your team.

15 games so yeah

Yeah sorry I don’t buy that for one minute. 3 season bans for leaving and they weren’t all your fault? I would say pretty much the majority are your fault and you are one of those who ruin the game for your team especially in the SR loss and then again a bonus SR loss if they leave after the timer says it is okay to leave.

It takes a bit to get a season ban for leaving so if they weren’t all your fault then don’t join comp until you fix your pc or internet or don’t queue for a match if you are going to have to leave soon.

1 Like

Not to mention he says ‘majority’. Even if that were true, that means he intentionally left some matches?

3 Likes

Good point too. Hope they stay perm banned.

1 Like

Let’s hope they reset the escalations with OW2 release. Even partial forgiveness. No one wants their account on a slow but steady creep towards a certifiably inevitable perma.

Lack of de-escalations basically says your account will be terminated if you play enough. Full stop. It is promised via the current math/logic.

Recall, this terrible logic applies to chat and behaviour as well. Typing enough internet norms like “haha we diff”, “nice gap”, or playing Sombra too much inches you closer to a certifiably inevitable perma.