Can you hear us?

We love the game but there are a lot of frustrated players right now for several reasons. The big one that many people have a problem with is game balance.

It would be nice to hear from you guys on all the important issues in a post or developer update.

22 Likes

doubt their gonna be on this late, but you know maybe this thread will survive long enough that a dev will see it because game balance is so badddddddddddd dude

2 Likes

I know… but still it would be nice to get some feedback because balance is a mess right now.

4 Likes

yup it really would watch them do something out of the blue like rework moira lmfao

1 Like

They don’t seem to care about what anyone has to say except for GM players. I get that the goal is to get to GM in comp (or at least climp and get as high as you can) but could they at the very least listen to what the other 99% of players have to say?

3 Likes

Honestly… at this point nothing would surprise me anymore. Ive been playing more and more Paladins

i mean i definitely dont want them listening to ranks like bronzes who think heroes like reaper are op lmao and i think you should balance around the best of the best but as it is now they aren’t balancing well for any ranks

1 Like
2 Likes

Lol so Bronze players should just have a crappy time cause they are bad? Then by that measure let’s just have the very top 500 set the pace

1 Like

bronze players shouldent prevent crappy heroes from reaching a good spot because they dont have the experience or capabilities and might nvr have the capabilities to counter said crappy hero

2 Likes

Well not “listen” just hear what all ranks have to say. And still balancing around GM since thats the goal (pretty much), and those players can for the most part use each hero to 100% potential. With the last statement you stated I agree.

3 Likes

This right here is why we should leave the balancing to the devs cause everyone has thier own twisted idea of balancing that suits their own situation, screw everyone esle. Fortunately the devs will at least try to make sure everyone has a good time. Everyone pays the same amount for an account after all

lEtS gIvE hAnZo sToRm aRrOws

1 Like

:musical_note: Hello Bastion, my old friend…
I’ve come to play with you again
Because the power’s softly creeping…
Left us F-tier without feeding…
And the vision from long ago,
Still remains,
Within the sound… of Balance…

In teamless comp I walked alone,
Narrow streets of Tracer’s home…
'Neath the halo of an angel main,
I turned my thoughts to the healer a’gain…
When my back was stabbed by the flash of a british chick,
She rewound, her bomb was far too quick…
And listened to the sound… of my death…

And in the megathread i saw…
Ten thousand posts, maybe more…
People judging without playing,
People knowing without reading…
People writing posts that have nothing to do with us…
“But he is fine…”
After the buffs… a must pick… :musical_note:

I call to them in threads 10.000 posts long… And they give me no rest… They give me not a single word to base my belief on.

My faith… It dwindles… like a candle in the murky night, as i search for a tree, a ditch, any safety… Any cover from the hate and ridicule thrown at me, like the winds of a storm ever rising.

6 Likes

To be fair, it would not make sense to balance the game for the lowest levels of play though. You want to balance the game around the highest levels of play.

At the same time, things need to be balanced for the sake of being balanced and not just balanced to enforce or change a meta that falls into place at high end play.

At the end of the day every hero should be a viable pick. There should be no such thing as a “niche” hero. I am not saying every hero has to be “meta”, but every hero should be a worthwhile pick.

Honestly, Paladins has better balance than Overwatch, although it might be because they have more heroes to work with.

Bastions is a sad, sad story.

1 Like

This is why the balance is terrible. Too much focus on creating counters and not enough focus on ensuring that each and every character can be viable in every game.

It’s turning Overwatch into a game of pick x to beat y, when it should be a game of pick what you feel like playing and win if you’re better than the opposition.

2 Likes

If/When this thread get’s locked, I hope with all the power in my being, that they at least Read The thread they are sealing away…

If not to satiate their mere curiosity, but to learn the context of this
“Breach of conduct”

As those who call to their gods, will inevitably breach their inherent ways in order to find words… Actions… anything strong enough to invoke a response where none has been had… to show that they seek the very ones they call out to in a time of need, Now more than ever.

Honestly… I dont mean for this post to break any rules, I am just so frustrated with Overwatch. It has to be one of my favorite games but I end up playing WoW or Paladins most of the time because Overwatch is just a mess.

Ive already quit Overwatch. I decided to come back and check out the changes they made with LFG because that was a huge feature I was looking for. It was one of the best additions to the game yet but the balance is still such a mess that I still can’t come back and enjoy Overwatch like I want to because its just so frustrating.

I want to know where they stand with balance issues. Do they think everything is good? Do they even hear us or do we not matter because we post on the forums and we aren’t in the OWL?

I want to know where they stand because events and special skins are not going to hold their audience forever. People are getting upset. The game is broken.

It honestly might be time to put someone else in charge of balance.

1 Like

Completely agreed.
(Directly addressing a Dev, mod, or otherwise employee is “Against forum rules” Even just the word “Dev”)

As they obviously don’t actually Want directed feedback, if you ask me.

They need to Directly And openly address their players… We’re willing to address them, they could at least return the favor.

Or have the common courtesy to Speak to us, about the largest problems, that we have Clearly lined out, even done the Math On…

What have they done?
Switch an E ability with a Q, and call it ok, even though it steps all over the intended playstyle, Character, and overall appeal of the hero?
Without taking feedback into consideration?

TWICE NOW?

-.-

As you can probably tell, they get my blood boiling.

1 Like