Can you argue with the fact Hammond is the worst tank?

It works all the time. I run it all the time and I’m in high plat/low diamond.

Winston/Rein works

Rein/Orisa is getting more popular.

Your notion that the pro-meta game defines all of OW ranked is silly and completely inaccurate.

im not talking abot the pro meta. just where I play. rein/winston CAN work, but winston/dva is always stronger. just like hammond winston can work, but one or the other with a dva is always stronger.

Nah man. Every comp can be made or broken by two major factors that your ignoring.

Maps and Enemy team comp. There is very few comps (that have tanks and healer at the very least) that are better or worse then others in every situation.

Tell that to my 57% wr hammond out of 150 games. His ult is extremely powerful if used right. The only downside of hammond is he’s very easy to counter. A mei completely locks him down cause he doesn’t have instant mobility like the other dive tanks. A sombra can hack him mid air then hes a sitting duck. Hard counters a dumb and need to be removed but there’s nothing wrong with hammonds kit. He’s my favorite hero and I’ve climbed over 500 sr with him.

Okay, who should be the worst then?

Would this fix him??

I mean, your changes sounds solid but, I disagree? I dunno. Sombra screws him up, but he gets a lot of value. Maybe it’s becausd people aren’t used to playin against him but a good Hammond feels awesome to have on your team

I agree with no bodyblocking in ball form (so damn annoying), and shields while in ball form too. The other buffs would make him overtuned imo.

I’ll take a Hammond over a Winston.

I’m open to tank mains educating me on this, but both are dive tanks from what I can see and Hammond does it much better. Hammonds ult is better area denial, his hook swinging is just cancer for point control, and he does more damage. Winston has a paper shield, weak damage, and no solid utility. The only thing Winston really counters now that Sym has been reworked is Genji and maybe snipers? If you’re really good and get the jump on them, so to speak.

Killing Pharah is really not his job and I can’t recall ever being shot out of the sky by a Hammond. Stopping to shoot a Pharah is a great way to eat 3 or 4 rockets to the face and probably a bunch of other enemy team fire as well.

1.) Is ult is an amazing zoning tool. Not every ultimate is meant to pick up kills left and right; some serve other purposes, which his is to deny an area from the enemy and create a lot of space for his team mates
2.) I don’t think his shield would be good if it didn’t require him to be close to the enemies to begin with unless you increased the duration, which could make him fairly oppressive then. It’s great as it is.
3.) Just about every hero can be stunned during their abilities, especially mobility. Booster, Charge, Jump Pack to name a few.
4.) His clip is reasonable for how much damage it can push out, and his reload isn’t so bad when you consider how much damage his other abilities can push out. You’re probably firing too constantly without securing your shots, and it could be worse: he could have 2.5s reload time like Orisa.

I think Wrecking Ball is in a pretty good spot personally. Granted, I’ve never played him once but from the many WB I’ve played against, he seems great in the right, capable hands.

That may be due to his low pick rate? I take out Pharah’s all the time. Although your right, it’s not my primary objective. His guns are powerful enough to take her out in one clip.

The reason I mention it is because Hammonds positioning is generally not with his team. He’s often in the enemy backline like Tracer. Thus he usually ends up being behind the Pharah.

Flanking a Pharah is extremely powerful and makes taking her out a joke. Especially since Hammond vertical mobility allows him to reach high ground to reduce any fall off and making aim for her head easier.

Also, I’ve gotten quite good at swinging up into the air to her location and gunning her down after I release and fall to the ground, theirs a bonus for hitting her in the same swing reducing her HP by 25%

I guess I’d have to see it to believe it, because when I read “delete Pharah” I think of some sort of regular and efficient manner of killing her, and there’s really no reason for a Hammond to have the high ground on a Pharah no matter what kind of swing you’re getting.

I mean, if you’re some sort of surface-to-air headshot wizard then sure I guess it’s possible, but I’ve yet to run into such a Hammond player as Pharah. A decent Pharah will use cover and mobility to survive S76/McCree/Ashe/Widow…a Hammond is the least of my worries.

I speak mainly from experience and my usual Pharah counter is McCree.

Your right about Pharah using cover to protect her from regular hitscan but what they don’t have is the positioning that Hammond has. You can’t run from me, your slow little floating bobble pales in the comparison to my 10 m/s movement and my grapple.

Some maps I would most likely ignore the Pharah like Junkertown 1st point. It’s way too open for me to reliably get to her and not enough walls to utilize my grapple. But Junkertown 2nd-3rd point is heaven. Closed off maps like that allow me to reach any point including whatever corner of the sky a pharah thinks she’s safe in.

I think the main issue with Hammond is that he’s far and away the hardest tank to play, so you see a lot of unskilled play with him. Also, he’s map dependent and even part of the map dependent. So he feels very inconsistent.

I’ve seen strong Hammond players just dominate the map, though.

He is far better than Throwhog.

Hammonds place in the meta currently is with FLOATS (The dive variant of GOATS, where Reinhardt is replaced with Winston, and on maps where Zarya tends to struggle, Hammond replaces Zarya)

Unfortunately this strategy has rarely seen success outside of Korean Contenders.

But he sucks as a tank. Hammond, more than any other tank in the game, is the most not-tank of them all. He’s literally just a DPS with a large health pool. He offers NOTHING for his team, because he can’t even be used to block fire like Roadhog because then you’re not using the majority of his kit and just making it pointless to pick him at all.

Hammond is objectively the worst tank. He’s a mediocre pick in general, but definitely worst tank.

I can see that but still he needs help in getting picks so the ammo and fire rate make it so he can do more damage because as is you kinda have to have perfect aim to whittle them down and get a kill. That’s why I added it. But that’s me thank you for your opinion though. He is too big to get around for what he’s supposed to do and is super frustrating when a tank blocks you in.

what do you think of these changes coolblizz?