Can we talk about Endorsements for a minute?

lets try again. :monkey_face:

i - just - did - this - because - you - asked

1 Like

Uh, yeah… leaving is exactly what I do lol.

I’ve been bouncing back and fourth between trust level 3 & 4 since a few weeks after they introduced this system. Now? Well now it’s clear to me that you have to play this game a lot and receive consistent endorsements after every game not only to get to level 5, but to stay there.

So yeah, don’t care about the system anymore… at least not to the extent that I’m over here going “oh no should I leave this game? What about my endorsement level?” Nowadays the answer is always “yes, don’t care, leaving”.

1 Like

first quote = statement
second quote = statement. (looooong time after you said I insulted you)

lets try again :monkey_face:

We found the problem here. It makes sense you never really saw what was happening since you don’t know the difference between insulting and a statement.

Finally we got to a conclusion.
Wish you a wonderful day and in the next argument, at least know what you’re talking about.

1 Like

Half the time I’m pretty sure I got it sarcastically or out of pity. Heck I know one match I got it from teammates out of pity after a particularly toxic individual latched on to a 0 kill D.Va bomb in the first minute of the game and was screaming at me all match for it. I muted him and only heard the Lucio telling him to chill a couple times and asking when I “kicked his (toxic dude’s) dog” right before the match ended. Got 4 endorsements, despite knowing my play was mediocre to lackluster at best that match.

If it has improved anything regarding player toxicity I haven’t noticed.
But I do play on console, so the means of transmitting toxicity on here are limited to VC and directly messaging someone through PSN, making them probably rarer than on PC as it’s more of a hassle.

If there were restrictions, like levels 1-3 can only use pre-made phrases in text chat, or level 2+ is required before you can join some groups in LFG, and they didn’t give bonus xp I think they could be tooled to be a bit better at their intended function, but I don’t think they’ll ever be this outstanding must have feature.

:thinking:

Wow, I just booted up OW and I get greeted with thumb upping Hog and 2 free lootboxes :joy:

Endorsement level Is useless.

I had many players who threw my games with endorsement level 4s and 5s.

And I never use my mic but still get shot callers for carrying a game. It just makes no sense.

1 Like

An extra 150 XP each game and a few free Lootboxes is pretty much all the feature gave us.

Just reduce the ammount of endorsements a player can give (like 1 or 2 per game and 10 per day) and maybe give players a better reward after reaching a certain level or number of endorsements.

Also remove the categories.
I don’t feel like I deserve a “Shotcaller” endorsement just for letting people know that my ultimate is ready in QP xD

I largely agree.

The Endorsement feature is really just a “hey thanks for playing support” button. I can pick Mercy, bot out for 5 minutes and walk away with 5 Good Teammate dings. I used to give them out sparingly because I didn’t want to trivialize the system, but it seems like that ship’s long since sailed, so i don’t bother with it now tbh.

I’ve seen lots of level 4s that are passive-aggressive if not outright toxic, and some of the most pleasant players I’ve played with have been level 1s. It says basically nothing about how the person is to play with from my experience.

The first person I saw get the Shot Caller endorsement was my friend whose literal whole schtick is that he doesn’t use voice comms. I usually mute all comms as well and have gotten it a bunch as well, though it’s my smallest rung.

1 Like

I only play quickmatch so this may not be taken that seriously but I am currently level 4 endorsement and I sometimes can rage hard indeed. But I only complain about the enemy team and their behaviour and usualy support and endorse my own team (healers and Tanks are prefered). So the system works for me even if I never understood the mathematics behind. XD
I like to get 3 lootboxes from time to time because of the endorsements. Also no clue what’s the system behind that.

Due the nature of Quickmatch, “shot caller” is not easy to get if voice chat is that rarely used. BUT I always used the ingame voice commands since the beginning so you can communicate fine with a whole random team that may not even in voice chat. Thanking your healers etc. is also quickly possible that way through various ingame voice emotes. They are there, use it, including the “ATTACK HIS OBJECTIVE” button which should be used much more often (button G in my case).
So this way you can get shot caller sometimes even without beeing in voice chat.

I know that this should be different in comp games but for QP, it is enough to use voice commands imho, at least better than nothing.

By viewing statistics over time. Blizzard doesn’t share all of their information publicly, but they collect data on all kinds of aggregate behavior to gauge success and inform future changes. In this particular case, they even shared a benchmark with us early on to note the change in “abusive chat” rates as indicated by player reports:

The endorsements were proved to be a big failure from Blizzard since the moment you lose a level by doing nothing. Seriously, you are at level 4 and playing without beeing toxic or quitting and then suddenly you level downgrade from 4 to 3. That’s ridiculous.

i was listening to music feeling happy and stuff so i wrote “have fun yall :^D” and someone instantly replied in the match chat “this won’t win you any endorsement…” and i was like … it really wasnt my intention… the endorsement system proved to be useless.

1 Like

That wouldn’t be a very meaningful choice if you could just click on your whole team after every match.

I’m not even sure what it is. You can lose endorsement level 4 to 3 while getting endorsed in that same game.

It’s psychological only.

Endorsement levels mean absolutely nothing. It’s a virtual carrot that’s constantly in your face.

1 Like

Do you actually have a team worth endorsing after EVERY match? If so I’m jealous.

I predominantly play QP and it’s been in my experience that endorsements have been given on who helped with tank/support fill and simultaneously were able to help the team rather than hinder it.

I play PS4, and on the console we typically give endorsements to players who tried their best, who proved to be good allies or great opponents, and who took the reins when we were falling hard behind. I’m fairly lenient in my endorsements but that’s just me.