Can we stop pretending like we know why Jeff left?

See, i listed private reasons as an option. There are no more reasons than i listed.

Sure whatever makes you feel good.

I was gonna say that but Iā€™m both reading and playing Overwatch right now

1 Like

There are private reasons that people wonā€™t divulge, such as poor health. Although I certainly hope thatā€™s not the case and would prefer job-related stuff.

1 Like

Why would you keep that secret? Scared of people wishing him to get better soon? Like that makes no sense.

Maybe itā€™s because people want to keep their private stuff to themselves? Yeah I know shocking

3 Likes

There are private things which make sense to keep secret and others which dont make any sense.
He doesnt have to tell what he has in case its health related.

At the end of the day whatever reason he left heā€™ll keep it to himself, in the mean time we should focus less on him leaving and more on welcoming the new boss in.

Well its not like we have another option, do we? However, if OW2 ends up being a monetization nightmare, Jeff leaving will look really sus in retrospect.

Sure it does. Some people donā€™t want strangers raining down well-wishes and would rather get on with it quietly.

Thereā€™s also the possibility that the person doesnā€™t even want to think about the health problem. Having it brought up over and over, even with good intentions, is painful.

2 Likes

Fair enough. But reading Jeffs end quote tells me that his vision for the game is not in line with the curret reality of things.

Oh for sure! I donā€™t think itā€™s down to private reasons either. Iā€™m just going down a tangent because OPā€™s question has basically been answered. Itā€™s hard to read that Winston quote and not think somethingā€™s up.

In time he may give us a reason why he left. So itā€™s best to wait until then.

I donā€™t think it a good idea to speculate the reason he left. That will only lead to a lot of misinformation like ā€œJeff left because Overwatch 2 is going to be badā€, or something along those lines.

Anyways I am sure Overwatch and OW2 will be fine with Aaron in charge. He did spend a lot of time with Jeff even before Overwatch was a thing, so he probably shares a very similar thought process with Jeff on how Overwatch should continue development wise.

Thatā€™s the problem. He gave no reasons, no plans, nothing.

Everything reeks of corporate shenaniganry.

1 Like

I ainā€™t respecting ndaā€™s that tie the mouths of employees leaving a company after being treated bad.

1 Like

Unless there is some official statement from Jeff himself, I doubt weā€™ll ever know for sure.

Very good hands. Best map in the game. Maybe he can actually sort out hero balance :wink:

2 Likes

It is definitely 1 or 3.

Jeff did have to fight tooth and nail against the Suits at Activision in order to get OW2 PvP F2P for all OW1 players and stuff like that.

So I guess it is definitely great friction between Activision and Jeff that caused this.

Itā€™s okā€¦

Youā€™re in shock like the rest of us. :neutral_face:

Just lie down for a little while, it will pass.

Does this mean Overwatch 2 looks bad to Jeff?
:thinking:

He may have left in disgust of the development path they chose for OW2.

Alternatively, the game may be at a point where he feels comfortable leaving the rest of it to others.

1 Like