Can we seriously get a confirmation on wether or not overtrack is allowed?

While I understand Blizzard is intentionally vague about what programs are allowed and what aren’t, it would really be appreciated if we could get some clarification on this.

edit: to clarify, overtrack provides ZERO INFORMATION during the game. ZERO.

Overtrack is like Pursuit right? Dont remember if im thinking of the right one.

Yeah its not allowed.

doesn’t mention overtrack

If it involves some sort of third-party program on your computer running in the background, bank on not allowed.

it doesn’t tell you ANYTHING during the game

Neither does pursuit.

But they both use the exact same concept of screen capture, which is why im saying they dont allow it.

Don’t bother risking it.

If you do and end up getting banned then you have no one to blame, but yourself.

I just went to the Overtrack website. It warns that users should take caution when USING Overtrack, as other similar programs were already banned from use. I’d suggest to stop using it for now, at least until the rules are established as more specific.

I don’t really see the point in needing all these extra tools anyway. Just play the game.

1 Like

Thats why i’m asking for clarification

Probably doesn’t matter. Blizzard seems to have a walled-garden approach to their games … they want to be the ones ultimately in control of the experience everyone enjoys, and that probably includes stuff like stat-tracking for just in case this esports thing becomes a reality. In that scenario, stats will be valuable for sports betting, and they don’t want anybody but themselves to have control of it.

Neither did Pursuit. It was all statistics AFTER matches were over, but it got banned.

So if we use software to recorder our matches

Then replay the footage

And run any of these programs to get the information from the recording.

Would that be banned too?

You could be banned if Blizzard decided it.

Send in a ticket.