Can we see the fox girl for the second BETA?

Fixed your typos for you.

6 Likes

OW currently has 15 female heroes and 17 male heroes. It launched with 8 female heroes and 13 male heroes. I think you can survive the next 3 being girls. It’s called evening out the roster.

I personally am glad the next 3 heroes are all girls! The girl heroes are always way more interesting both character and gameplay wise IMO!

4 Likes

Its a video game youll be ok

1 Like

Personally, I don’t care about gender, as long as the character is fun.

But Pharah and Symmetra have the personality of a Brick Wall. And they both have the gameplay of a Brick Wall.

Also do neither of them count as black women, because Soujourn was praised as being the first black woman in Overwatch, excessively.

3 Likes

I will be ok, just like I was ok last beta. I can play and enjoy any role.

Doesn’t change the fact that the Devs themselves said the Support role being unappealing was a problem last beta that they want to fix lol.

Cringe response. These forums are for feedback. Leave if you don’t wanna see any. :sleeping:

6 Likes

Doesn’t really sound like it…

Yeah i mean that depends on how much they’ve spend time working on fox girl? Is she even finished yet?

I feel like it’s more believable that they could tease more about her and talk more about her on the livestream than already adding her alongside junkerqueen.

It feels a bit to early don’t you think? Maybe they could give us more info on her along the way until the next beta after this one that’s coming up? I really have no idéa how they will do this but for me it still feels too early :man_shrugging:t2: IF they were to add her alongside the queen don’t you think they would have shown us more than the fox?

It felt more like a tease to what’s to come than an actual reveal that we get to play her soon.

Tell me you’ve never played these heroes without telling me you’ve never played these heroes. Symmetra has the most sass of any hero in this game. Her entire in-game voicelines and persona are reminiscent of the Diablo 3 female sorceress.

To you.

Neither of them are black, so no, they don’t…Pharah is Egyptian/Native American and Symmetra is Indian. Would you walk up to an Indian woman or Middle Eastern/Native American woman and say she is a black woman? No lol.

3 Likes

I expect the focus to be J.Q., the new map and some reworks/redesigns.

Maybe a slight tease of the Fox Support (for the 3rd Beta before release day)

it wouldn’t be a reactionary patch, especially in consoles would be involved. As at a new patch would take a week or two to get approved, let alone be put together.

Well, that’s what the livestream is for.

Bare in mind we only know what the Queen can do because of a leak from several months ago.

We know the fox girl has some sort of speed boost and a large 4-bladed shuriken, which is bascially the same level of detail we would’ve known about Queen if we just had that trailer.

1 Like

The beta could just be the exact same as Beta 1 but with console access and I would be fine with it

I think they already announced on twitter that JQ will be in when the beta starts, sign-ups start the 16th and the beta will be the 28th.

3 Likes

I mean, I like them, but they’re too gimicky.

Symmetra has pretty poor damage unless fully charged and you have to be within smelling distance to actually hit someone. She also has a Tank-counter passive IG, but again, you’re in sniffing distance of a giant angry German with a hammer. Plus her teleporter is too slow and clunky. WHY does the cooldown start AFTER I destroy it? could you imagine if the same happened for Sombra’s Translocator? Torbjorn’s Turret is also a bit funny like that.

Also Pharah…bruh all the hit-scan have been META for always. Unless she gets some extra health, maybe some damage resistance whilst flying, maybe faster mobility, every Sojourn will just dumpster her.

1 Like

Yeah but it still feels a little bit too early honestly, just don’t get your hopes up i guess :man_shrugging:t2: we don’t even know what they’re going to talk about so maybe they could give us someyhing more about fox girl? We’ll just have to wait and see.

4 bladed shuriken? Since when did we know she was going to have that :astonished: i’ve never heard about that lol.

There was a letter some 1-2 years ago giving some backstory about her dad being a blacksmith and her mom being a swordsman. Her dad gave her a new sharp weapon.

A year prior at Blizzcon 2019, a game journalist claims to have been shown 4 silhouettes of unreleased characters, one of which had a fox and a large 4 bladed shuriken, like Yuffie from Final Fantasy, but bigger.

We can assume that the others were probably Sojourn and Queen, since Sojourn might not have been shown until after he saw the silhouettes and he said most of his focus was on the fox girl anyway.

Also there was a Wizard-looking character with a crooked staff, some people think he could be the Null_Sector leader at the end of Storm Rising, because he also looks like a Wizard-y robot in the Null_Sector concept art. This is what 3 years of thumb twiddling does to a community.

Bascially, at minimum, we should get 4 new characters for Overwatch 2, maybe 5 if Sojourn isn’t one of the silhouettes.

2 Likes

Oh i must have missed all of that or maybe forgotten about it :thinking: i can’t remember hearing any of this but okay lol.

I haven’t seen one piece so i don’t know how big luffys shuriken is but she sounds pretty interesting anyway, i do hope we will get some more info on her tho :grin:

1 Like

I haven’t either, and it’s Yuffie, not Luffy, maybe we should correct ourselves before a Final Fantasy Fanatic gets mad.

You can just look it up.

Don’t know final fantasy either but yeah i see that her?? shuriken is pretty big, bit did it really say that our fox girls shuriken was bigger than that? I wonder what she will use it as then? I mean it’s crazy to think she will just throw it at people? I don’t know how that weapon will work lol.

1 Like

Maybe the shuriken throws the girl at people instead?

The hero is just a floating ghost blade.

1 Like