Can we remove the endorsement system?

Every time someone gives me shot caller, I type out “Whyd you give me shot caller, people are going to think I’m a tank main with a mic” and they go 'who cares its free exp for me and free endoresment for you" and that’s the core problem with this system. Remove the xp bonus for endorsing someone

4 Likes

In QP I get sportsmanship endorsements for being the only healer on the team lol.

1 Like

Yeah I usually get sportsmanship in qp too but I think its just random :joy:

1 Like

I am saving this link, thanks

1 Like

That hecckkin scarred me for life

1 Like

they exist to make people act nicer, not make them feel like they accomplished something. That’s what the achievements and SR ratings are for.

2 Likes

It will die down eventually, don’t worry.

Similar to when these new forums were up, everyone got and received a bunch of likes, after 50+ days when people got their Trusted Level 3 there was a lot of spamming with images, videos and url’s.

Same thing with this, there will be a lot of endorsements now, but eventually it will be less common and through that I guess you can say it will be more “accurate”.

Walk it off buddy. Overwatch has worse things than that.

Or is it because they get additional exp for nothing?

Beyond it’s phychological aspect it’s functionally meaningless.

1 Like

It’s not for free though? You’re getting it by a vote?

It’s reduced toxicity by a lot according to the devs.

I agree, you would have to do something that people wouldn’t like to not get endorsements. Saying absolutely nothing will net you a good teammate OverYelp review.

We shouldn’t remove the endorsement system entirely, but we should at least reduce the amount of endorsements we give per game so that people don’t abuse it for free xp.

Wow, like the rewards are great. All you get is a coloured lining around a number. Such a good system, Blizz. As usual, Blizz wasting time creating pointless things when they could be making new content that is not milking money like the all-access league pass.

I wish they would remove the exp associated with giving it.
So people would only use it when others are good players so there would be a way to tell good team players from bad ones in comp.
Also I wish they would limit it just to comp.

Funny when ppl complain about being rewarded.

I don’t get why people are just saying that he’s complaining for getting rewarded for free. What’s the reward? A coloured line around a number? C’mon people, the endorsement system is there to gain xp, not to reward people.

I’ve received loot boxes for being lvl3.

I give them to people that did well and don’t give them to toxic people as well as reporting them. Seems to work to me.

2 Likes

yay, more duplicates. Don’t they think that people have earned enough boxes to unlock most stuff in the game?

I agree with this sentiment. While I appreciate any system that aids in reduction of toxicity, we really didn’t need a new system.

For example- we already have the: report, block, and avoid as teammate features. These systems could simply be improved on or had better vigilance.

Moreover, we already have the card system at the end of the game. This system should have been expanded rather than the clunky new system.

To be frank, I think the entire system is a bit useless, and is more self-serving than a true acknowledgement of a solid gamer.

I’ve never done any coding, so I have no idea how much effort was put into the system. But, in my opinion, that time was misspent as there are a number of other issues that should have been addressed first.

While I can see that the OP has an unpopular opinion, the current endorsement system really doesn’t offer any substance, is clunky to use, and was very low on the player’s priority list.