Can we remove the endorsement system?

For breathing you are awarded with being able to live life

3 Likes

The OP right now

6 Likes

Getting experience for giving endorsements is a mistake.

It should be the other way around.

2 Likes

Picks healer > is always endorsed. Isn’t that a win/win?

3 Likes

why thank you, i needed that

1 Like

I- Is this a humble brag?

2 Likes

“Here’s a gift for you for being a good team mate.”

“Are you calling me entitled?”

“=|”

7 Likes

There aren’t any tangible rewards for receiving endorsements, so yeah, I don’t really care whether or not endorsements exist

Are you playing in qp or comp?

Cuz in an organized team in comp I feel everyone gets the endorsements they deserve, but in quick play it’s just random endorsements but I really don’t see much of a problem. And at least me personally i tend to endorse the players that are well…well behaved and have good team play

Every time someone gives me shot caller, I type out “Whyd you give me shot caller, people are going to think I’m a tank main with a mic” and they go 'who cares its free exp for me and free endoresment for you" and that’s the core problem with this system. Remove the xp bonus for endorsing someone

4 Likes

In QP I get sportsmanship endorsements for being the only healer on the team lol.

1 Like

Yeah I usually get sportsmanship in qp too but I think its just random :joy:

1 Like

I am saving this link, thanks

1 Like

That hecckkin scarred me for life

1 Like

they exist to make people act nicer, not make them feel like they accomplished something. That’s what the achievements and SR ratings are for.

2 Likes

It will die down eventually, don’t worry.

Similar to when these new forums were up, everyone got and received a bunch of likes, after 50+ days when people got their Trusted Level 3 there was a lot of spamming with images, videos and url’s.

Same thing with this, there will be a lot of endorsements now, but eventually it will be less common and through that I guess you can say it will be more “accurate”.

Walk it off buddy. Overwatch has worse things than that.

Or is it because they get additional exp for nothing?

Beyond it’s phychological aspect it’s functionally meaningless.

1 Like

It’s not for free though? You’re getting it by a vote?

It’s reduced toxicity by a lot according to the devs.