Can we pls agree to adopt this mindset?

people don’t understand how hard it is for one hitscan to kill pharah when she is on top of you. you die instantly. needs team effort. everytime I run hitscan and the pharah goes on top of me, my team makes me feel like crap :frowning:

6 Likes

Position yourself somewhere else maybe ?

1 Like

Don’t listen to the crap your team says. Focus on positioning and mechanics to be able to outplay Pharah at your rank, even pocketed one. For example, as McCree, you need to use natural cover often if your team doesn’t enable you. The better you become at doing this, the better teammates you will get as you will rank up higher. But keep in mind that this requires a lot of effort, work and positive mentality

8 Likes

If you can’t kill Pharah solo as a hitscan, then you need to hit the practice range my guy…

Now if you’re talking pharmacy, then yes, it’s a concerted team approach.

A solo hitscan against a pocketed Pharah is not legit. A solo hitscan against a solo Pharah is a skill matchup and it’s up to you to be better…

2 Likes

ye i was talking about pharmacy but I typed pharah on accident

2 Likes

Really, a Pharah that even gets packs from a Brig or basically any heals from her team is annoying as a solo hitscan.

1 Like

You mean you don’t enjoy being screamed at in voice comms to kill the pocketed Phara that’s utilizing vertical cover while your team does nothing to help enable you to counter the Phara? That’s weird. I personally can’t get enough of it. It’s not a good day until I hear a Roadhog or Moira complain about DPS.

8 Likes

That is exactly what I mean! LOL

pocketed Pharah v/s 69hp MCReeeeeeeee

1 Like

Isn’t it easier to take down the Mercy first? Her flight path looks more predictable, and you can probably take LOS from Pharah and still see Mercy?

It really depends on how the Mercy positions herself. A good pocket Mercy doesn’t blindly stick to Phara or whoever they pocket’s side. They use the environment to help give them cover and ignore attacks while continuing to pocket. So Mercy, depending on where she positions herself, could be much harder to pick off than Phara.

1 Like

If your team is defending a point, the tanks need to hold up further ahead to give hitscans the ability to contest Pharah as she tries to come in. Lots of teams just GIVE ground all the way to the point which lets PharMercy just dive-bomb the hitscans into next week… then the hitscans need to hold further back which allows the rest of the team to contest the point for free.

The ability of your hitscans to contest a Pharmercy depends on the ability of your tanks to position properly.

But typically, the lone Soldier is going to get yelled at by the entire team for not wiping PharMercy off the map despite every possible disadvantage from their own team.

1 Like

It can be. That’s why you have to dedicate time to aim trainers.