Can we PLEASE have more avoid spots?

I am so sick of losing due to teammates.

It makes no sense that we can’t avoid those that are clearly messing up our games. toxic, inactivity, no comms, etc. It’s such a tilting game as it is that you should let people avoid the aholes in the game.

3 avoid spots is like nothing with the amount of players there are.

people have asked for this. why don’t you try letting us have it?

11 Likes

Bacause it would cause problems for integrity of matchmaker, numbers of avoided players would raise exponencialy and matchmaker would have harder time to create games for everyone. This was already discussed many time, you can try to find older topics where its well explained.

9 Likes

I use my avoid slots strategically. You can generally assume that most players are having a session of play so they will be playing a few games in a row. Change up your slots by replacing players you haven’t seen in your games for awhile with fresh names. You will likely still encounter a player you want to avoid again in the future so not fool proof but its the closest thing i have found to a solution while we only have 3 slots.

I block toxic players but i only avoid then if they are also bad or throwing.

Would you take an infinite avoid system if each avoid had to be given a reason and checked for validity?

Because there is no way an infinite avoid system would work otherwise.

Teammate: plays ball

AVOIDED

Teammate: isn’t playing to your standards

AVOIDED

There are too many dumb and arbitrary reasons to avoid players.

5 Likes

This would be huge issue as i see players avoiding for this exact reasons frequently.

5 Likes

Yes I know that’s just how the community is. People avoid for extremely arbitrary and illegitimate reasons and this would allow them to just literally avoid everyone.

5 Likes

It’s especially needed on consoles where smurf accounts are free to make and thus there’s zero player accountability for their actions.

I don’t want ten or twenty I just want five for all my teammates

A few would cause already enough issues, though five slots could raise the queue times greatly… most likely around 2-4 hours.

2 Likes

I did that for a month and i had 0 instances where said player was in enemy team. It doesn’t work

Rather than having lots of avoid slots, I think the problem could be improved by adjusting the timer on avoid slots. Seven days is a really long time to avoid someone, especially when you both could have big SR changes during that time (potentially in opposite directions). The duration could be shortened, or there could be an option in settings to set Avoids for 1, 3, or 7 days. (or whatever). Maybe in certain ranks, you do run into the same people more often and you want 7 day avoids. In Gold, that’s not so much of an issue and players might only really need to avoid someone for 1-3 days.

Having avoids expire sooner would also feel like an upgrade, because you may run into the “your avoid slots are full” issue less often. If I avoided 3 people 5 days ago and I need to avoid someone now, I get that error (and I’m generally too lazy to go remove an old avoid). If the duration were shortened, I could avoid this person today while still not having more than 3 people avoided at a time.

Additionally, if people reeeallyy want more than 3 avoid slots, and Blizzard were to agree with that…Why not tie them into the Endorsement system? Everyone starts with 2-3 avoids, and for each Endorsement level, you get an additional slot. So Endorsement lv 3 could have 4 slots, and lv 4 would have 5 slots, etc.

1 Like

the 3x avoid slots are meant to be used to avoid 100% clear throwers, drunks, hackers … to not get them 2-3x games in a row.

Most poeple play 1h per day which is like 3x games, RIGHT ONE AFTER ANOTHER, so you could have ruined day.

IT IS NOT mean to give you 100% perfect teammates.

Only extreme GM tryhards at lonely hours and dps mains can tryhard to gain like 1% statistical advantage if they play the avoid game after every round.
dont be that sweaty :slight_smile:

1 Like

Only one common denominator in this scenario.

No, you’ll enjoy your unavoidable one trick teammate more when you’ve ran into them for the 3rd time in a night. Maybe you’ll even carry them and pass the pain onto someone else while giving Blizzard a false positive supporting their beliefs on one tricking!

I agree, more avoids would be an improvement.
You’ll notice that the dissenting comes in 2 flavors: Either

1. The games will be unbalanced…to which your original post " toxic, inactivity, no comms, etc. It’s such a tilting game as it is that you should let people avoid the aholes in the game." is already a rebuttal within itself.
  2. We “the players” are too stupid to realize that we are banning for not sufficiently powerful reasons…in which case why give us any bans at all since we are idiots.

What the nincompoops’ fail to realize is that with this many avoids…it would actually be easier to find a group of people you DO approve of and thus create something akin to a 6 person cooperative group that likes playing together…like a team or something…

We’d hate to have teams…smdh…

Can’t see the reason of not giving us unlimited avoid spots and the possibility to put there someone forever.