Can we please get an update on Reinhardt?

Sorry for being ignorant but what animation cancels were removed and why were they so important to Rein?

I’ve never really used animation cancels because my mains don’t really have any and the ones they do are terrible (I’m not taking my attention away from the battle to cut my reload by half a second).

See, I don’t understand where all the talks of bugs and him being essentially useless and an “unknown” when it comes to having him in a game. But I guess I’ve learned to play around the bugs and make everything (charge, firestrike, earthshatter) work extremely well. Oh well, I just don’t see any bugs with the character.

Anyways, Reinhardt is more of you need to know your angles to make things work. He’s very precise in that regard, especially in his charge. Can’t expect to pin someone if they aren’t directly in front of you, it’d be more like a clip and so they take some damage instead of being pinned and smashed in a wall.

Two things:

1. OP is a GM Rein main. I don’t think he needs a run-down on basic Rein gameplay :stuck_out_tongue:
  2. There’s a whole thread listing the different bugs that are causing issues, take a look:
1 Like

Being GM or not Rein main doesn’t matter in the slightest, because that doesn’t correspond to how you play with just one hero. I’m a Rein main at well that plays usually in the top 20% of all Reinhardt players. I’ve read about the bugs, I just don’t see them. Reinhardt’s presence is really all you need most of the time to bait out the enemy into using their abilities. All I’m saying is if there is something wrong with the character, it isn’t as bad as people are making it out to be.

5 Likes

Yea, I totally didn’t make a post of it and added that hog has similar numerous and almost unplayable bugs.

(Here btw [MEGATHREAD] Fix Roadhog's Hook! (5 Cases, 18 Video Examples) )

3 Likes

(Note: Timestamp on that post is a full hour prior to your reply)

I too, know what playing Rein is about. This makes no difference regarding his bugs and the changes to his animations and shield deployment.

The rest of that post (quoted) also goes on to argue that these changes remove elements of the Rein v Rein that distinguish good Rein players from the great ones. Melee cancel to bait shatter, etc.

I’m down to one, maybe two games a week.
I’ve pretty much given up all hope Frage, sorry man.
The bugs, the stealth nerfs, the inconsistency, the broken promises, the lack of communication, the terrible balancing decisions…

I got my monies worth from this game, I don’t regret a thing, but I’m finally having fun playing other games again.

You know when your done with a game when you geniuenly stop caring about the updates for the game. I stopped watching Overwatch youtube videos, stopped watching OWL, stopped following dev tweets, and stopped watching twitch streams. And yes, I’ve almost quit these forums as well. I used to visit these several times a day, now I might visit once a day, if that.

Honest to God, the devs crushed my spirit to play this game. The game has one less tank main in it.

4 Likes

Roadhog’s hook is bugged since a long time,

1 Like

I’ve had this happen to me before with other games. It’s sad, but liberating at the same time. At least you can move on to other games now.

This community will have taken a grevious blow the day that you decide to uninstall and quit for good.

1 Like

It really is disheartening that they haven’t responded at all. I still play Rein since he’s been my main since beta.
That doesn’t mean I’m okay with the silent treatment. If only we could get at least an acknowledgement and reasoning for the changes.

1 Like

Yeah, it really takes the winds out of the “the devs actually care” sails.

1 Like

Agreed.

1 Like

The situation here is sad, devs just don’t care about the community, it’s that the message they are sending lately :confused:. I don’t know if we can make them wake up but… I can bump this thread in the hope more people will join and know about Rein’s bugs.

1 Like

Maybe one bump is all that is needed.

I’m hoping at gamescon they do a big reveal of Rein 2.0 where Reinhardt gets a lazer hammer and a jetpack and for his ult he grows 2 more arms and starts swinging around 4 lazer hammers

2 Likes

I don’t see a problem with that. Sounds perfectly balanced.

1 Like

we will find out on wednesday, until then…well idk

I mean, I kind of doubt they will discuss bug fixes at Gamescom. Not exactly the kind of ground reading stuff you show off at a big video game event like that.

i am hoping for some big news, mostly so we can have more of a positive feel on here, every time i log on, i feel like im getting hit with a wet mop