Can we please get a sneak peek at the new Hanzo?

How many torbs can he jump past with the leap?

8 Likes

You should think about calling the ability. Dragon’s volley, or Dragon’s hail. Or in some less cheesy way tie in the name of the bow or the dragon’s with the ability.

Pretty sure the radius reduction will make it situational. It will probably make to where you’re able to see where an enemy is just to get information and then fade away which while it is useful in it’s current iteration this new one will offer different utility to balance his kit. Probably was the goal of the changes.

1 Like

The most important question.

2 Likes

Can we get a bit more warning when we’re being tracked by a Sonic Arrow?

We know when we’re being tracked by Widow, we can hear her voice-line. We know when we’re being tracked by Sombra, if we’re below 50% HP, or when we have a Zen Orb on us, etc. But Sonic arrows animation is INCREDIBLY easy to overlook, especially if he does on the other side of a wall.

Would it be possible to make the animation a bit more obvious? (i.e. big “pulse” for the area like when Hanzo himself shoots it, or like Sombra we get a big REVEALED warning when he can see us).

3 Likes

That is absolutely wonderful, Hnazo’s utility is now 10 times better, 20 second cooldown makes it a very big commitment to make, and not viable at all for reconnaissance, thank you, i look forward to testing that on the ptr.

2 Likes

The only problem I have with that is that it would dramatically reduce the number of picks Hanzo makes.

I swear 50% of my headshot kills come from punishing enemies peaking a corner which is enabled by sonic.
If you make players know that they are being tracked, they are never going to peak that corner. I do think that it is a little unfair that the enemy players have near zero warning of it but I honestly think it would be a massive nerf to Hanzo.

5 Likes

He looks like Uryuu Ishida from Bleach with that bow! :star_struck:

What always felt fair about wall-hacks in OW is that it works on both sides. Widowmaker knows where I am, but I know that Widowmaker knows that. Same with Sombra and Zen.

I feel like if you’re going to have a mechanic that essentially acts like cheats in other games (wall-hacks, aimbot, etc), there has to be drawbacks and counterplay to it.

Knowing that you’re tracked doesn’t negate the information advantage Hanzo’s team has, but it does make it a little fairer to both sides.

I agree but it still would be a massive nerf to Hanzo.

Its a cheat ability for Hanzo giving him an unfair advantage, yes your team would know where the enemy team are but you are nerfing his pick potential. Hanzo can’t fly up in the air like Widow can to gain LOS on enemies, the enemies will just wait until sonic is over or go somewhere else.

3 Likes

Then we end up in a similar position as Scatter. Sure Hanzo needs scatters power, but it wasn’t fair to his opponents, hence the rework.

If Hanzo needs that unfair advantage to remain viable, I’m all for buffing him in other aspects of his kit, especially since we know that Sonic Arrow is being reworked in his kit.

3 Likes

Yep, 100% agree

All I was trying to say is that if they made this change then Hanzo would have to be balanced around this fact. Making the game feel better for both sides can never be a bad thing.

2 Likes

But that’s just a skill, the basic bow mechanic is the same…

I’m in love already. This sounds amazing. :heart_eyes:

A surprise for sure, but a welcome one nonetheless. An easily movable Sonic arrow will be hell for Sombra, but then he’s always been one of the best against her. I look forward to that Sonic Arrow change hitting live.

I just find it weird how people complain without actually testing it themselves, wait until PTR

Does this mean scatter will be completely removed?

1 Like

Hey Blizz, any details on the Sonic Arrow changes and how are the default hotkeys going to work other than shift obviously?

So excited for Hanzo! Seeing one of my favorite characters get changed and hopefully feel better has me more pumped than any event on the horizon!

My only question: Currently, does this skill root Hanzo in place for its duration? Or will he be able to move normally and fire?

I always thought it was the latter but with the more obvious art direction and glowing bow, I’m curious if he’ll be locked in a spot until he fires his arrows/cancels the skill.

Thanks for the update!

Cool, thanks Jeff!!!