Can we please get a sneak peek at the new Hanzo?

Oh My, he’s fabulous now o.O

2 Likes

if that were the case, the top left corner of the image wouldn’t say that it’s the concept art for rapid shot.

3 Likes

I follow these things pretty closely, but…what sonic arrow changes?

4 Likes

People complaining that scatter is op led to these changes, those same people better not complain about his rework or I’ll be really annoyed

1 Like

Didn’t they say they were adding the ability to use a sonic arrow within the rapid ones?

1 Like

I thought a good name for the rapid fire would be Volley, just an idea tho

Oh my goodness I love you Jeff. I hope this helps Hanzo.

3 Likes

yeah but that’s hardly a change to sonic.

1 Like

Sonic Arrow changes? What changes? :smiley:

1 Like

It looks pretty cool, but I’m still holding to my opinion that it’s so mainstream. Every game that has an Archer has a charged shot/rain of arrows/rapid fire.

Still like the “Revolving Arrow” idea
us . battle . net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761886116

or a very similar idea shared by someone else that I can’t find anymore. If I remember right his arrows had something like auto aim but could still be evaded - He even scripted a prototype of that skill.

I guess we’ll see.

Off Topic: Why can’t we post links when even the preview is scripted for them?

Sonic arrow cooldown is significantly faster while the radius and duration have been slightly reduced. End result: you can move it around more.

55 Likes

I’d bet that if it had a better visual queue it might not have been so annoying. The biggest difference between hog’s hook and scatter is that one has counterplay and one doesn’t. There’s a whole animation for hook, and it has noticeable travel time, enough that its possible to throw a bubble on the target or put an ice wall up or blink out of the way. With scatter you just die instantly, and you don’t have that possibility of escaping.

If scatter had a “look out i’m scattering” prompt then it might not have been an issue

2 Likes

Ay ay ay ay ay ay hype hype HYPE

What happened to the leap? Was it scrapped?

because they’re unlikely to one-shot you.

Any news on the dash? is everything the same as last time you talked about it?

Jeff, thank you so much for keeping us updated and actually caring about our concerns. Hanzo is an amazing character and it’s nice to see that he’s getting an ability that is less based on RNG. :smiley:

Yes, sorry. The dash is still there.

38 Likes

I don’t agree with the speed increase of the arrow.

What make Hanzo an unique hero is the feel of the archer, that means, the travel time and the arching of the arrow. Remove it and you have a “rifle” instead of a bow.

I tried Paladins long ago, and I did categorized the game as ‘‘bad’’ mostly because the Archer I did pick, it had a Hit scan type weapon. So the Archer thing was nothing but a skin thing. And that’s what you are going towards Hanzo. Making his arrow faster and faster while reducing the arching and travel time which are the things that makes him, well Hanzo. Just give him a Widow’s Rifle instead.

Let me express how I’m totally against that. And I don’t even play Hanzo out of quick play for fun here and there. But that change can potentially makes me lose a little bit more of faith in the team.

I’d rather have him shooting tree trunks again, than have a fantasy archetype butchered.

Le me express how I’m not part of a community that think this game is CS:GO and everything must be related to mouse accuracy. Hanzo is prediction-based, as any projectile based character. If you increase the speed of his arrow he’ll be almost a hit scan. I already think his arrow are cheesy fast, no arrow fly that fast, and increasing it wont make it better.

I also don’t agree with the removal of Scatter Shot. It’s a unique skill, and CAN be deadly, but don’t seam enough to remove Hanzo from the Troll Pick category. So the hypocrisy of the “community” on the Hanzo topic is touchable. It’s a skill that can one shot pretty much like Widow’s head shot, Doom fist Punch, Rein pin… the list go on. No matter what skill you replace Scatter, it has the duty to increase Hanzo’s winrate and make him more effective on “killing enemies” so, why not just keep scatter arrow? If the community feels like the GAME IS CHEESY, than this game is not for them. If you try to please the Overwatch fans, as well as SG:GO and R6 Siege and all the generic shooters audience altogether you will destroy your game. period.

8 Likes

Hello I am Hanzo main now.

ty

2 Likes