Can we like... not have private profiles

I have my profile on friend’s only. Being a Mercy main I wanna play other heroes other than Mercy. Since role queue came out I have the ability to practice other heroes in qp and also see where I stand as far as tank and dps. If public profiles were forced again I would get crap for playing queuing dps. People would say “gg we have the Mercy main on Mccree” even if though I was placed in that rank on dps and do well. I’ve also been having a lot of fun playing Rein and I dont need people to talk crap before the game even starts because I dont have many hours on him.

2 Likes

Private profiles are not going away. But they can still implement voluntary information features when hovering over names on the group page.

1 Like

I just want to be able to see how bad matchmaking is. When I die over and over and I’m getting slaughtered at spawn, I wanna see our teams and the enemies skill level to get an idea if it was just a bad match up, or if it was our fault.

Because people abused it when there was no private profiles.

There’s a lot of decision that blizz does is questionable but making everyone profile private isn’t one of them.

1.) They deserve it.
2.) They deserve it.

Private profiles were a good change, you had to first discuss the people that abused public profiles first rather than suggest to remove them.

Take xqCOW Felix this week for example, when the ptr patch notes were published he was streaming his negative behavior towards other peoples profiles on this very thread:
Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – November 13, 2019 - #5 by Cameron-22892 he just passively proved to everyone why private profiles were needed.

5 Likes

I feel like at least bring back the quick view of people’s sr/heroes in the groups menu, and just saying “Private Profile” instead of showing the heroes.

Nope. Blizzard gave players a tool, and instead of using the tool right to hammer in the nail they smashed it into their own face while going duhhhhhhh.

Should hide most metrics from the playerbase honestly. Most people have no idea how to parse them.

You want private profile but before even answering him you checked his profile to understand better xD

1 Like

You should seek help because your mind ain’t right.

Definitely agree here. That person is not… someone you would want to have in your life.

I don’t have a private profile though…

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/career/pc/Moira-21906

is this private to you? lol

I’m a struggling bronze and no one gives me any grief, my profile has never been private.

Almost everyone has a private profile and I can never tell if they are playing a hero they are good at in comp or just picking what they think is “needed” and don’t know the hero at all.

Its a huge problem. Please remove private profiles at least in comp.

1 Like

I mean… this should become pretty obvious pretty fast, private or no.

No. They are private for a reason. A reason already proven in this thread.

1 Like

Have you tried using comms and discussing with your team instead? Nothing is stopping you from organising the team

I know it’s not popular, but I really think private profiles does more harm than good.

1 Like

I mean… .this is exactly why there are private profiles.

To keep dudes like you from demanding that people in the exact same MMR bracket as you, play how you want htem to play.

4 Likes

So what, if they suck they suck.

Not at all. I don’t want private profiles cause it makes statistics that are accurate easier to gather.