Can we have Cards system?

It’s the best part of Paladins, the cards can balance quite a bit the match even if there’s a character really broken. The CC card specially would be a blessing here.

You’re talking about the Items system, the one that allows you to buy items while playing the game to reduce CC and so. I love that too It helps to deal with the enemy when they have too much healing or too many shields :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You mean a P2W system? Also, after that have fun balancing any hero in this game.

1 Like

The cards are free and the items you buy them with points you get by playing the game and getting kills/taking the point/healing.

cant agree. paladins opperates more as a moba than overwatch does. overwatch is more class-based or rpg. paladins’ card system works because you can’t freely switch between heroes during a match, overwatch’s heroes fit into more or less specific roles and switching during games due to it’s rock-paper-scissor (countering) way of game design.

game can’t even be ‘balanced’ properly with the little abilities it has, adding a card system would be utter chaos

There is nothing in the game P2W.

Considering how incapable the devs have proven themselves to be at balancing what we already have, this would be an absolute nightmare.

But the point is that the playstyles in Overwatch SHOULD be the heroes themselves. Sure, you can be aggressive and defensive as a Reinhardt, but the core strategy of taking space with the shield and knowing when to attack/defend is vital in the games balance. We’ve already had major issues with balance being off kilter with even the slightest buff and nerf given the team aspect of the game, and to add a cards system on top of it? Imagine if Brig got a buff where here passive healing when up with her Inspire. Some situations would be a nightmare.

The fact is, the way that the game balances heroes and at the rate it does, a cards system would be horrific for the game. It works for paladins, but it wouldn’t work here.

It was back in the day

Also no thanks for the cards

The fact Paladins devs have had to make sweeping changes to ALL of their Champions TWICE isn’t a good sign to their balancing capabilities either

Not needed crap that just takes up more time and resources. Would just cause more problems, and take more time to actually start every match. This is standard kiddy logic. Mario can get a flying racoon suit, So we should have it here too. No.

The card buy system is great in Paladins, but I honestly don’t see how it could work in OW. Not with hero switching.

It’s too bad it doesn’t though. It really provides a strong barrier against cheese comps and class stacking. Enemy runs 3 supports and 2 frontlines? Load up on cauterize and make those supports mostly useless!

1 Like

The Card system could possibly work if loadouts could be dynamically selected in hero select.

However personally I don’t think the item shop would work in any capacity. However it would be nice to get Resilience 3 on heros like Rein.

What exactly are you referring to here?

It’s more admirable personally that a studio can make sweeping changes to everyone and still keep 99% of the champions viable.

Sometime last year they made class specific changes, and now they’re changing pretty much everything in patch 2.01 (or 2.1, whatever) the Imani patch. Everyone is losing a Talent card, in addition to buffs/nerfs, you’re no longer limited in the Item shop so you could get both a Life Steal and Kill to Heal for example. You’re free to think it’s admirable that they do that, but something isn’t right if something like that needs to happen once. It’s definitely bad if it needs to happen twice

Edit: I’m not talking viability here, because you are right, most of if not all the Champions are viable, but changing everyone in one go to one way or another is not a good sign of balance. It’s sort of a Syndrome thing

“If everyone is broken, no one will be”

Class Changes: Not much really happened then apart from tweaks to the better define the strengths of the classes.

Everyone is losing a talent card: I prefer them moving back to the 3 talent system because only one champion has 4 viable talents (Cassie).

Item Shop Changes: Il be honest I am not a large fan of this change, but I am waiting to see how it changes ranked to make final decision.

Changing everything in one go seems more like a brute force approach to keep the game fresh and interesting more then a balance issue.

Thats a pretty good way of describing how champs are balanced.
If everyone is broken, no one is broken but everyone is fun to play.

1 Like

i would only like legendary cards to be in the game, i don’t like any of the normal ones.

although I don’t play paladin, isn’t their hitbox a single solid capsule size, meaning there’s no detail hitbox base on body parts.

This’s quite accurate lol.

Sounds about right.
At least they are not as bad in game as the bugged training room ones.

It’s too much to learn and puts even more emphasis on your setup rather than your actual play.
You can already have variety in playstyles with one defined kit. Rein can brawl, or passively another enemy resources, or go for sneaky pins and shatters as is without all that. You have Mercys that go for damage boost and pistol damage as much as they can, and some that are so focused on keeping their team and the last time they’ve pulled their pistol our was 30 hours ago and that was accidental. I don’t need a Rein build that turns him into a flanker DPS to add diversity.
A large part of why I don’t pay MOBAs is how much up knowledge I need up front regarding builds. How to use them, how to counter them, how to identify what they’re building, etc. When I play Overwatch or Melee I just need to see that they have Genji or Fox and I immediately know when I’m vulnerable, what tools I have against them. I can get straight into the part where out actions decide the outcome instead of trying to get access to my kit.