Can we have a season reset?

By this I mean something for not get stuck in ranks and take care of your actually skill base becouse if whe don’t have a season reset why even bother in having seasons. Probably just for competitive points
Here is the deal. If you placed in bronze 1st season u played, u r gonna be stuck in that rank unless you do go up by yourself but you’ll eventually get stuck in bad teammates and whatever. When doing your placement matches it takes the last season as a reference to get placed nearby that rank. It’s great for the initial 2-3 matches but what if your skill rate is that good that you should be in diamond but you get in gold almost plat becouse of not having that reset? Sometimes and i heard people does this. They buy a new account and becouse that one doesn’t have any data to take from, place higher than the main account. It really feels weird like why would you have a very good player stuck in bronze that needs to buy the game again to place in diamond. That makes no sense and o think There should be a season reset

2 Likes

Rubbish lmao. If you are in diamond, at worst, you’ll be mid to high plat on an account that’s consistently placing in diamond.

I am a low diamond player at best hovering at high plat and I have taken not one but TWO <500SR accounts to plat.

A diamond player will not get stuck in bronze lmao. Maybe plat yeah.

1 Like

I placed in bronze season 7 and even went down to 990SR. What’s the point you’re trying to make?

gotta put random examples

like ummm. Don’t take your previous rank as a reference to your final rank and make it based on skill comparison with others with the hero you’re playing instead of “wow u performed like a diamond player beeing in platinum. we’ll give you 200sr when u finish ur placements but you may be go down sooo… good luck” (probably you didn’t understand but i tried my best. tell me if you need to explain me more)

Well my point was that I placed in bronze and now I am diamond. What happened was that as I improved I also ranked up. I would actually go as far as saying that unless you don’t play comp for like a season or two and instead practice in other ways you will most likely not improve at a faster rate than you climb. If you are a certain rank when the season ends no matter how hard you practice in the off season it just wouldn’t be enough time to warrant any significant gains in SR.

On a side note it is possible to gain quite a bit of SR during placements. I once inherited an account that sat at 1550 SR (when I was around 2400 myself) end of season and after placements it placed me at around 1950 and after that I gained something like 70-80SR for the next win - meaning that 11 games (about one evening) brought the account up from low silver to low gold.

Your rank is more mobile than you think as long as your “true skill” is different from your ranked skill.

2 Likes

Why do you think an arbitrary amount of time means you deserve a higher rank? Your MMR co stantky adjusts IF you show it that you need it to.

kind of? I mean. It does but for 100 or 200 sr

So I’m not really following the OP. Are you saying that the first couple games you play at your current SR (or where you finished) and then it… boosts you one way or another?

I just don’t get it. Like, if you can win 3 games in a row against bronzes… why can’t you just keep winning and climb. Why couldn’t you win before and get out of bronze? It isn’t like the offseason is more than a week long. Your not gonna just all of a sudden improve so much you jump a rank or two you couldn’t get before.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see some improvements to placement matches to make them… well… feel worth something other than a gatekeeper for comp points. I’d like seasons to mean something. I’d also like to see the tiers mean something.

I guess I just don’t understand what you want out of placements. Maybe for them to be worth more points instead of the standard 24? maybe 50 a game? But just remember that can swing both ways.

ok hopefully i fix everything with this. What i Mean is only on placement matches that the final SR you get is based on YOU compared to other players performance who played the heroes you played. I know In the placements win or lose means barely nothing and your skill is in consideration BUT no matter how good you performed, you’ll get close to the final SR of last season so my point is to get rit of that SR thingy that stucks you a little

Which then can be again for 100 or 200. And then again. You don’t magically jump 500 SR typically.

Another person who thinks they are stuck in a rank because blizzard has an agenda against them.

2 Likes